[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: For those of you who enjoy the Adventures of Sal (my mom)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

For those of you who enjoy the Adventures of Sal (my mom)

I talked to my mom this morning. She sounded somewhat hurried and mildly harried. I asked why.

Well, Charles Tasker decided to show up to work today even though I didn't ask him to so now I am standing here getting ready to take him his lunch I made him and trying to figure out what I am going to ask him to do, because there is tons to do around here but I can't for the life of me remember what's the most urgent, and I better go because he's just standing out there and I'm paying him to do it. I guess I'll tell him to go till space in the garden for a new asparagus patch.
I wish she'd bring me lunch. I am sitting here with rice cakes and baby carrots and gum, which makes it sound like I am dieting but the truth is that after 4 years at a company where lunch got delivered every day, I am now floundering out here on my own in the real world.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, rice cakes and carrots. Oh my!!! I would shrivel up and die. Hee hee.....HA! Jen H.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

yeah i do NOT recommend it.
tomorrow i might go out for tacos.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jesus, woman! that sounds like the worst lunch ever.

don't be suprised if i start calling you up at lunch time just to check that you aren't wasting away.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rice cakes and carrots...wow, that sounds terrible! Go out for the tacos woman and savor every bite!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home