[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Ruining Christmas

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ruining Christmas

Last night, I went with my mom Sal, her brother Larry, Larry's wife Kathy, and their 32 year-old son John (so, to recap, with my mom and uncle and aunt and cousin) to Annapolis to see the Good Deale Bluegrass Band. It was fun, I like bluegrass. And, impressively, none of the over-60s in the group fell asleep!

I am going to try to convey to you how hilarious my cousin John is. I am going to fail. Without John, I don't think most of us would be as happy to attend family gatherings, because without him they just would not be as fun. I think he loves the family gatherings because there is so much fodder for jokes, so he's always there, which is great.

Anyway back to last night. Driving back from the show, Larry and Kathy are up front, and Sal, John, and I are in the back seat. Keep in mind that both John and I feel an ever-pressing need to make fun of our parents, and our aunts and uncles. You only tease the people you love, right?

Kathy:... and I thought the upright bass player was (etc. etc.) and in the second set (etc. etc.) because the ukelele player (etc. etc.) and my spinach salad i ordered at dinner (etc. etc.) - Larry! I wanted you to drive home via West St....

Larry: Sorry dear. I wanted to get home faster?

Kathy: ...because the lights on West St. are very beautiful during the holidays (etc. etc.) and then we could show Courtenay all the new construction (etc. etc.)...

John: Oh, Larry. Why do you always have to ruin Christmas?

Sal and Me: hahahahahahahaha

Kathy who is unaware of the backseat shenanigans:... and at this time of day, there is hardly any traffic on West St. (etc. etc.), speaking of West. St. tomorrow we should go into town and check out the sales (etc. etc.)...

And that's basically it. There were more classic one-liners from John but like I said, there is no way I can do him justice in a conversation-with-so-and-so blog, so you will just have to meet him sometime.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home