[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Futile

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Futile

Warning: more Peet's-related complaining below. Exacerbated by the fact that today's lunch place is gross... messing with my comestibles makes for irritated blogging!

Last week, after posting about the end of the world and after realizing that my daily coffee from Peet's was generating a good amount of trash each week, I decided to suck it up and buy one of their ugly travel mugs and thereby reduce the waste I produce. Buying and using something unattractive... whoa I must be really committed to this cause.


Anyway, now I am not sure WHY I am so committed. Two days in a row, I ordered a small (i.e. 12 oz.) latte to go in this medium (i.e. 16 oz.) travel mug. I paid for a small both times. The order taker repeated back to me "small soy latte" both times. And both times, I was handed a medium.

Yesterday when I said "um, this was supposed to be a small?" the girl was like "this is a small, I steamed the exact amount of milk for a small." Which was baloney. I was a barista once too and I am not that dumb. "So," I said, "you're telling me this is a 12 oz. mug right here, with 12 oz. of latte in it?" She shook her head and sheepishly asked if I wanted her to remake the drink. I didn't, I can deal with some extra soy milk once in a while, but I really just want a small.

Same thing today, different cast of Embarcadero Peet's characters. Once again I kept the medium, I hate how they just pour wrong drinks down the drain and it's not like I was handed a catastrophe of whipped cream, but honestly...

Why am I trying to save a world full of (yes, lambaste me for cruel word choice) morons?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

cruel?? i think you are being too kind!!

i ask that same question constantly, like, almost hourly.

hey, you just might make a good curmudgeon. let me know if you need a mentor...

3:28 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

what's a comestible

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home