[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Where was my camera?!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Where was my camera?!

Post-race fashion faux pas of the day, for which I totally wish I'd had my camera:

BMC's Mike Sayers.
Red baseball cap,
Ankle socks with some sort of athletic sandals,
and capri pants.

Not joking. The look was wrong wrong wrong.

For one thing, if you are short, which I am so I know this from experience, and which Mike is so he needs to know, anyway if you are short and you wear capri pants and socks you will look even shorter.

For another thing, if you are a guy, don't wear capris. Wear either shorts or pants. Capri pants are for girls only because they draw the eye to the butt and hip area, rather than bulging biceps and broad shoulders and other manly physicalities. If your shorts hit somewhere in the calf-range of your leg, that means that the crotch of the shorts better be at mid-thigh or lower, because crotch-of-shorts-in-groin-area combined with hem-of-shorts-at-mid-calf means you are not wearing shorts, instead you are wearing girly capris.

I am spending entirely too much time on this explanation. If you are a guy and you are confused just let me know, I'll draw you some pictures or something, but I will spare the rest of you...

Anyway, back to Mike: For the sake of his as-yet winless team, I hope he goes along the same path as another pro whose appearance I recently critiqued - Henk won today!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

all my shorts are to my ankles....

The waists are the correct size too....

So I wear flip flops of those socks that you cant see cause they have already slipped under your heal....

I am with you cort!!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

I have THE BEST picture of my older brother and his friend trying on boy capris at an H&M in Spain last summer. I mean, he's an attractive guy, and it STILL just doesn't work.

And oh Mike...

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO NOT look to cyclists for fashion. Victims, all of 'em...

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOp WOOOOOOOOp
Here come the Fashion Police.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home