[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Lists of Things

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lists of Things

(title happens to be the name of this random album by this random band named Polaris Mine, I recall the album kind of not being good)

On to the List:

1. Yesterday morning on the bike shuttle I pissed off another regular rider because I took the bike slot he wanted and then I ignored him when he started ranting and raving. But dude I got there first.

2. I rode my Serotta to work because I was going to go to Marin after work so that's why I stole the good spot that enables you to block other bikes from ramming into yours.

3. Mid-morning I heard some big pop coming from the direction of the server room.

4. I keep my bike in the server room.

5. When I went to leave work for my Chiropractor appointment in Marin, totally on time mind you, I found a flat front tire in the server room.

6. It was a brand new tire. Which in retrospect I had problems putting on, and ruined two tubes in the process, but this fact did not strike me as odd until item #8 below.

7. Skipping forward a half hour... dead-and-broken tally includes: 2 additional tubes, 2 CO2 cartridges, one CO2 cartridge dispenser (my own stupid fault for trying to use it while talking on the phone and thus while forgetting to unscrew the valve cap on the tube), and the eardrums of 3 people including myself.

8. With the assistance of boys who actually know a thing or two, I figured out that the tire bead was faulty.

9. P.S. Despite what you might infer from this and previous posts, I AM INDEED CAPABLE OF FIXING A FLAT. The circumstances just need to be totally right, or something.

10. As if to ice the cake, later when I went to the pool, I got all the way there and locked up my bike and everything and realized that I had all necessary swim items except for my swimsuit.

11. So I pedalled home and got it.

12. Using other people's photos due to lack of picture-motivation on my part. I think I am going through one of those rare and unusual I-don't-like-my-reflection-OR-my-shadow-for-that-matter chick phases that is so alluring and appealing to dudes.

13. This morning my capslock key was broken. As in permanently-on. Somehow I fixed it - but I almost blogged in shout-mode! And I am wearing all black today and everyone keeps calling me Johnny Cash.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

okay, johnny! tell me why guys like brooding women?

4:20 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Who's Greg?

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home