[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: (Updated) Possible Reasons Why I Tripped And Fell And Subsequently Needed Tegaderm

Thursday, July 12, 2007

(Updated) Possible Reasons Why I Tripped And Fell And Subsequently Needed Tegaderm

1. Made sneering sorts of comments about high school girls who were running on the trail and who you can smell a mile away because of the high-school-girl super-aromas of bonne bell and body shop and whatever else they buy after school and slather on themselves.

Bitter old lady never wins.

2. Spent all this time and money on getting back and neck sorted out on Tuesday, subsequently blogged about it, but my wtf blogging about Minneapolis' 100,000 chiropractor offices seems to have gotten back around to me. Meaning: tripping and falling put me back at square-negative-ten in terms of how my back and neck feel. Good thing I already have an appointment for next week!

Kharma likes to slap me in the face sometimes.

3. A couple weeks ago when Greg and I were running together and he did the same trip-and-fall thing in pretty much the same place (although with slightly less skin and blood involved, I must say), a string of I-am-so-coordinated-and-antelope-like-since-I-did-not-trip thoughts went through my head pretty darn fast.

See above comment about kharma.

4. What a klutz. I can't believe I crashed while running. Ha. The last time this happened was the winter of 2000, in Charlottesville, when I didn't let a silly ice storm stop me from training.

5. I took photos of all my wounds when I got home (Greg is at a race and apparently I have nothing better to do than pose for my own camera!), but since the apartment's neutron-bomb-explosion-state-of-"cleanliness" (I have been slacking) seemed to overshadow the blood and dirt and skinlessness of my elbow and hand and leg, I am not posting them.

6. Comments from the peanut gallery regarding running being for nerds, multisport being for total nerds or worse, emails with links to Bento Boxes, etc. etc. are expected... Bring it.


************UPDATE*************

WHO THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY TO SIGN ME UP FOR TEAM IN TRAINING?!

I just got their "Welcome!" email in my inbox.

hmpf.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to hear any complaints at toona about your achey joints from running:-)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ha! team in training! i need to know who that was...i tripped running once and superman-ed all over the trail. skin off the palms and confidence severly shaken - i know what you're going through, dork.

10:58 PM  
Blogger EB said...

I crashed on my second trail run last year -- twice. In front of two different little old men. Sigh.

Team in training is better than the conservative dating service someone once signed me up for. THAT sucked...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home