[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Stuff of the Weekend

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Stuff of the Weekend

Quotes:

"This is the Parking Lot Criterium World Championships. Whoever wins gets tire mark stripes around their sleeves."
-unnamed hypothetical racer who is not me, regarding unnamed hypothetical race that may have happened this weekend

"You need to tell that boyfriend of yours to grow some compassion."
-boy advice

"Yes that is flirting. It doesn't matter if you told him you aren't into him. He has made it very clear that he wants to get in your panties so as long as you keep texting him, that means you're interested, and it means that your just-be-friends talk is typical girl coyness, and it means that yes you are most definitely flirting. Ice the loser."
-more boy advice

"I had this dream she was trying to convince me to be lesbians with her."
-in the "co-optable phrases" category


Incidents:

I was showing off my tan on my stomach and accidentally showed off my boob too. Oops. Good thing there is not too much there to show.



Narrative:

I have been at not-my-finest for a little while now, hence the lack of blogging. Sorry.

I rode my bike for a grand total of two hours this week, enough time to get totally confused by the new SRM, get a flat tire, and see a couple goats eating fire-prone vegetation on Tunnel Road (shall spare you the mediocre photos). Yet not quite enough time to feel not tired, although Coach says that will come this week. I can't wait.

Quote-unquote raced yesterday morning at Infineon, fought the this-is-pointless-and-what-is-WITH-this-ugly-venue demons for the entire 60 minutes and rolled across the line in inglorious 30 somethingth place.

Then raced for real at San Rafael last night - something about the fun course, the crowds, the music, the nice weather, and the boyfriend who came to watch made me actually excited to race my bike. Aside from/maybe because of the usual amount of head-shaking, drooling, scowling, and asking Lisa for food please because I am STARVING and we still have 30 minutes left, I had fun with Martina and Hannah, and we came away with 3rd and 6th place plus a lot of face time at and off the front. We weren't passengers by any stretch.

But that was apparently it for my race mojo this weekend. This morning was the Infineon Circuit Race. I woke up sniveling and coughing and feeling decidedly on the wrong side of the sick bed. Then the continental breakfast was out of OJ and water and it had a nonexistent selection of whole grain items so that put me in a bad mood. There were only 2 good comics in the paper and someone had already taken the Sunday magazine so that put me in a worse mood. There was no soymilk for coffee so that was borderline cataclysmic. Then I drove off to the race accidentally leaving my race number in the hotel room. Then I started to cry (poor Lisa, I cry like all the time).

Then I called it a morning and came home before even putting on my spandex. So the bike is getting the day off today. I'm sitting here drinking day-old coffee (supposedly to help my mood?) making a detailed day plan involving chilling out and working on my tan some more.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

as long as you didn't "accidentally" show your boobs to the anonymous girl who wanted you to get the lesbian on with her!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

I was showing off my tan on my stomach and accidentally showed off my boob too.

Falsifier!

There is no such thing as accidentally showing off boobs...

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home