[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Quotes of the Week

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Quotes of the Week

This one is not exactly a quotable per-se, but I am SUPER proud of my cleverness. All week long a certain Transformers-obsessed friend has been calling himself various robot characters - Optimus Prime, Galvatron, Grimlock...

WELL, I am now calling him Dingletron. Up next might be Nerdimus Prime. If you have any ideas for me please let me know (and yes I do still have my favouritest Transformer ever, Jetfire).

***********************

Overheard...

Girl 1: Her ring was so gorgeous! It was like this antique setting, with all these little diamonds around it, but it still looked totally modern.

Girl 2: The one I have want has (some diamond-ring-speak I did not understand) and (more stuff).

Girl 1: Oh that sounds totally great!

Me In My Head: Hmm. I didn't know Girl 2 had a boyfriend?!?!

Girl 2: Yeah, I have the ring all picked out, but not the man.

***********************

I went to see Tim yesterday to get tested (basically, I got told what I already knew, which is that I am stronger but really tired)(but it was still useful and fun).

My favourite Tim comments of the afternoon:

"Oh. We have I Dream of Jeanie ponytail hair going on here..." (when affixing the breathing apparatus to my head)

"You should not do a triathlon. Why? Because running is retarded, and the only time you should be swimming is late at night at a friend's house with no clothes when you've had one too many cocktails. You are a bike racer!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like i can now officially scratch the running community from my list of clients! hopefully all of your readers are cyclists...

7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

way to go court...insert foot here.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home