[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: I might be stupid too...

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I might be stupid too...

...ugh.

For some reason I am having one of those "everything sucks" weeks, even though I know full well that everything DOESN'T suck, I am just cranky because I'm here and Greg's not and that gives me way too much time to sit and stew.

So. My iPod shuffle is officially broken. My normal iPod only works when it feels like it, which is not often. The thought of a musicless world scares and depresses and tortures me, because lord knows where all my cd's are and portable cd player?!? Ha that's a good one.

My heart rate monitor is also broken. I took it to Sports Basement and they gave me a new one but the one they gave me was the display model so for some reason the new one doesn't work either, so I guess I will go back once again and bat my eyelashes or something. Bleh.

Further: there is this place in the city, near Fisherman's Wharf, called Aquatic Park. It's this little cove in the bay with a beach and an area for open water swimming. I was going to go there with my wetsuit to swim after work this week but I have finally GIVEN UP on the logistics. I'd have to ride my bike there with my backpack, but there is no secure place to lock up your stuff, and it's completely open to the public, so basically you have to drive there and lock all your clothes in your car, blah blah blah point is I am not going and I feel lame to be defeated by logistics but there is just no way.

AND there is a chance of snow in Tahoe on Friday, when I am supposedly driving up there for the weekend in my little Honda Civic that's front wheel drive and like 2 horsepower... I haven't driven in snow since the Blizzard of '99 or something like that. Better get used to it. Better yet, better go CAR SHOPPING!!!!!

That's all it took. Mere mention of shopping and I am all atwitter ;)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Garrett Lau said...

Can't your phone play whatever music you have on your computer, or does it use a different format from the iPod?

BTW, I finally bought a new phone. Yours is no longer available, so I got the Sony Ericsson W580i. It arrives tomorrow.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

We're in an office meeting full of college grad, corporate professionals. A guy is asked a question on his project, he doesn't know how to get the answer.

So someone in the room says, well - just google it.

And he replies - sure, if someone can just tell me where the google is?

no joke.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

HAHAHAHAHA.

and garrett: thank you! i had COMPLETELY forgotten about that feature! i think it even gets radio stations... phew.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Scott Nygaard said...

If you ever find yourself headed for Aquatic Park again--maybe not now that you're Tahoe bound--call Anne. She's a member of the Dolphin Club--hot showers, sauna, etc.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Auffderbach said...

Actually, Honda Civics work great in the snow. Front wheel drive is way superior to rear wheel drive for winter driving.

I used to put studded snow tires all around and never had a problem getting to where I was going. I no longer have to think about that stuff as after nearly 40 years of living in Tahoe I have simply moved off the hill!

Congrats on your move up there...without a doubt one of the most beautiful places on earth.

BTW, I introduced myself to you at the Esparto Time Trial, just in case you were wondering who the heck this is leaving a comment.

Scott

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home