[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Nevada Day and other randoms

Friday, October 26, 2007

Nevada Day and other randoms

Today, all the kids are off school and various businesses are closed so that people can watch parades and celebrate Nevada Day. I had never heard of such a thing, but then again I hadn't heard of Ski Week either prior to moving to San Francisco.

Back to me: today I did my run workout on the treadmill at the gym, so that I could do my core workout there afterwards. ("Doing Core At Home" is the biggest joke ever in my experience.) The gym has several TV's tuned to different channels. Here's what I got to watch today during my run:

-tail end of Dr. Phil, in subtitles. Most frequently used word was "gonna".

-Fox News. Headlines and stories included "Bomb Planner Released After Sucking Up to Yemeni President" (sucking up?! this is now a phrase for news headlines?!) and "$4000 worth of Underwear Stolen from Victoria's Secret" (this story took at least two minutes and featured gratuitous Vickie's runway shots, of course).

-1.5 episodes of Judge Judy. I find this show even more depressing than MTV in the revealing-America's-stupidity department.

-a 1-hour special on Travis Tritt, who apparently is a Country Music star who got married at 18, divorced at 20, married and divorced again, and I didn't catch what his status is now. Also he has hung out with Paris Hilton and he was good buddies with Ray Charles and Johnny Cash and he has a new album out. Also, (and this part is meant to be very interesting) he refuses to wear a cowboy hat.


I watched this last one the most. It was the least retarded.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

did you run and core workout for like 5 hours?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

hahaha NO! try like an hour. even if i did have ironwoman aspirations i would have gotten cut short by the depressingly terrible television.

plus rumour has it that you are the core queen...

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home