[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: I'm Back!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm Back!

Yay we have internet now! I am so excited! Now I get to spend the day "researching diesel engines", "catching up on correspondence", "perusing job classifieds", "etc." (meaning: I get to spend the day shopping on line, facebooking people, looking at a week's worth of cats that I missed, blogging, and generally being sedentarily productive.)

Anyhow, I guess task numero primo is to drag this blog out of the boring ages.


STORIES:

1. I got a suspicious email from my mom, Sal, wherein she used the phrases "Howzit going?" and "Thanx!". Hmm. Who stole my grammar policemom and replaced her with a tweenager?

2. The recreation center here (which is actually the gym, pool, etc.) is HILARIOUS. For one thing, there are signs all over the women's locker room about current and upcoming group-fitness classes. My favourite is "Walk the Gym!" - apparently if you walk around the basketball courts 22 times you've gone a mile, and people get together from 6-8 am and keep track of their walking miles.

2.b. My favourite pool quote thus far, spoken by the local I.V. Ice Queen from the 90's (if you don't get it ask Martina): "This suit is just awful. It adds at least 5 seconds' worth of drag." My resident swim-expert tells me that you'd have to put a bucket on your back to get 5 seconds' worth of drag.

3. Greg and I have rekindled our love of solitaire. Yes, the card game. So far we have won at least 6 games.

Speaking of which... it's my turn to play.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walking around inside a gym in the middle of some of the most beautiful hiking country in the world. I don't get it...

1:53 PM  
Blogger niki said...

who be the IV ice queen?

are her initials KB?

6:16 PM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

missed ya for sure!
I heart drag free suits:-)

8:53 PM  
Blogger yellowbug said...

For all you curious minds out there, I'll tell you this concerning Ice Queens:

An Ice Queen is not just one person, it is really a group of people. These people can be characterized as being exceedingly successful female athletes from the 90's, who are also painfully thin (or were at one time) and also have very icey personalities. So, you can probably imagine that there are quite a few ice queens running around these days and no need to sing anyone out.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the weather must be beatiful up there! are the leaves changing colors and falling?

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is an "IV" Ice Queen - the IV part is throwing me off.

Isla Vista, Intra Veinous, Inner Victory, Intact Vagina? Inquiring minds want to know?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

haha! those are great.

but the truth is a bit more mundane... incline village.

and yes flandria, the leaves here are turning and falling and they are gorgeous!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so jealous!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home