[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: I wonder if I will miss hearing sirens all the time...

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I wonder if I will miss hearing sirens all the time...

I got home from my ride today to find 4 cop cars outside my building in Oakland. The officers all seemed pretty calm, it seemed they had already taken care of whatever had happened so I went ahead and rode to the front door like normal.

There was a crack pipe** on the stoop. And some crackhead in one of the cop cars. And one of the officers came up to me and made small talk about my bike and training and stuff for a few minutes, I guess to make wide-eyed little me feel a bit more comfortable or something.

UGH.

I am NOT going to miss stuff like this. Especially since Greg is already in Tahoe so I am here alone and seeing phantom crackpipes and ghosts all over the apartment. Next thing I know I will be hearing an imaginary "oh shit" horror movie soundtrack.



**Funny thing is, I had no idea the little test-tube looking thing with steel wool in it was a crack pipe until the police officer identified it as such. And yes I have lived in Oakland for 2 years.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger achilles3 said...

Have you seen the movie Half Nelson? Watch it. Crack pipes are tools of all kinds of folks sadly.
But great movie.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home