[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: The Move Pt. 1

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Move Pt. 1

So, the long anticipated move-out-of-Oakland happened today!

Sort of.

Even though Oakland is a mere 207-ish miles from Incline Village, and even though we left at like 1 pm this afternoon, we had to get a hotel room (Motel 6 room actually) in Auburn, CA thanks to ominous "Snow Over Summit, Bring Chains" signs. It's pouring with rain here so obviously it's snowing at higher elevations and NO WAY are we braving that in a fully laden U-Haul and previously blogged about snow-machine Civic.

I am worried about the fish though. When we ate at In-n-Out earlier I made Greg help me keep them warm - they were each in their own mason jar, and so we each took a fish jar and held it between our legs to keep it warm. Now they are both in the same jar and I am changing out the water because the big beastly black one keeps pooping everywhere, I have no idea where she is getting food from but she is a pooping machine. I do have a favourite and it is not her.

Also, take a wild guess as to what my weather appropriate footwear is... Yup. Flipflops.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Careful, you're little toes are going to fall off! Check out Sorels for your winter treads. They're warm, waterproof, slip on/off, no socks necessary and are kinda styley in a mountain outdoorsy sort of way. My favs include: http://www.sorel.com/Product.aspx?top=2&cat=220&prod=45

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to get a puppy! A dog will keep you a whole lot warmer than fish! And, importantly, they can keep your toes warm even when you wear flip flops.

Huntress

6:59 PM  
Blogger beth bikes! said...

in kindergarten i won five gold fish at the fall fling. three died the next week, 2 lived until my HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION! one was white; it had a pretty tail and was slightly smaller. the other was a big, ugly, mean goldfish that would jump out of the tank and flap around on the counter when i walked by if i didn't feed it. my brother named them "shit on me" (white small one) and "shit on you" (ugly big goldfish)...because nasty fish would steal all the food.

it was always awkward when i was in school and had to write prompts about my pets. i got in trouble in first grade for writing "shit" in a school paper. my mom was very mad. so from then on out i told people my fish didn't have names, although for me they were always affectionately 'shit of me' and 'shit on you'.

after they finally died, i promised i would never get fish again because they lived for too long. but i do like to go to lucky goldfish and look at hunter's fish and coral.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home