[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Can I Run Too Please?!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Can I Run Too Please?!

Whoa. Moving is exhausting. We got here yesterday, "we" being me, Greg, the U-Haul full of more crap than I ever ever thought I could accumulate, and 2 living breathing swimming goldfish!!

I am approximately 17% finished with unpacking and attempting to dispose of a big chunk of my accumulated crap. Although sometimes pack-ratted stuff is fun - Greg happened upon an old journal of mine from my college years, and got a good 4 hours of entertainment out of it. Poor emotionally tormented little 20 year old Courtenay is good for lots of laughs now. And I finally located some weather-appropriate footwear! I'm wearing sneakers now, major improvement over the rainbows.

I'm applying for a job at the local Pet Network tomorrow. Wish me luck! I told my mom about it, she said "Well that sounds nice sweetie, as long as you don't come HOME with one of the PETS." But Greg and I kinda already picked one out.

As for the subject line: yesterday, when I was just as tired as I am today but a little more stressed since it was my first day here and I had no clue where anything was, I showed up at the local Rec. Center to swim and run. Remember, I was tired. Anyhow the lady at the front desk asked if she could help me because I walked in doing my best startled-deer impersonation and of course I burst into tears, mumbling about not having my proof of residency yet and not knowing where anything in this (admittedly NOT LARGE) town is and wanting to swim but feeling overwhelmed, blah blah blah, and the total sweetheart of a front desk lady, Barbara, came out and gave me a hug and said I should just go downstairs and swim and not worry about the fee for today, just go get in my swim and feel better.

Then I said "(sniffle sniffle) thank you (sniffle) can I run too please?"

Way to go Court, looking a gift horse in the mouth or whatever the saying is.

Greg says I am such a girl sometimes!

I say I blurt out the STUPIDEST things sometimes...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home