[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: The Plan A Express

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Plan A Express

So I am still on my little mini-vacation before rejoining the ranks of the Gainfully Employed. I must say, I am enjoying myself. PLUS, as it turns out, the 6500' altitude here is taking some getting used to, so I have been incredibly grateful to be able to sleep in until 9:30 every morning without ghastly consequences.

I've been doing artwork a bit more regularly, which has also been nice. For the past year and a half or so, I was lucky to get to work on a new piece once a month. Lately it's been more like a couple times a day, in between games of solitaire, playing with the cat, and of course the slightly-too-frequent killer swim workout.

This news of sleeping and doodling makes my mom ecstatic, which is pretty cool actually - how many people have moms that actually encourage them to goof off?

HOWEVER, I have not yet told her about the cat... Scared to! She has so vehemently warned/ordered/threatened me against the idea of a pet that I am dreading the moment she finds out almost as much as I dreaded her finding out about my tattoos. So when she calls me I only answer if I am outside of the house, paranoid about her hearing some random Charlie cat noise through the cell phone.

Greg laughs at me for this.

Can't say I blame him.

In other news: just a little over a week until SilverMan! I've been keeping mum about it because we weren't sure if we were headed to the Treasure Island Triathlon or the SilverMan Triathlon next weekend, but decisions have been made, tapers have commenced, and I am so excited! It's supposed to be a challenging course, and I can't wait.

Parting shot:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about setting up your own art gallery?

peaceful place and lots of scenery...

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home