[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Tag Game

Friday, December 14, 2007

Tag Game

Lucky me, and definitely lucky you, readers: I have been tagged by Alisha and then Sharon to share Five Fascinating Facts about Me. And, tagging me is about the nicest thing a friend could do. I love yammering away about myself. So:

1. One of my favourite current pastimes is to say things like "hey greg, which one makes out with princess leia again, luke skywalker or harrison ford? is there a sex scene?!" or "is hayden christiansen darth vader? and by the way what's up with his hairdo?". Tomorrow I am going to ask what's the difference between a wookie and a klingon.

2. When I was 22 I fancied myself a Goth. I bleached my hair white, then eventually died it green, then shaved it bald for a while, then went back to a white buzz cut or something. Additionally I began attending the local goth night, dancing to Kate Bush and VNV Nation, and I developed a ginormous crush on a pale mohawked boy who played bass and was pierced to oblivion and weighed a good 20 lbs less than I. But, I bought all my black stuff at the Gap, still rode horses with the rich kids, and obsessed over the Real World, so I am not too sure about my authentic Gothness.

3. During this time I also fancied myself a Vegan. This lasted for approximately 9 months, or so I thought. As it turns out the "non dairy" frozen yogurt I ate was totally dairy and full of all kinds of chemicals. When I found this out I gave up and started eating steak again.

4. I never had acne problems. But after one too many Jessica Simpson Proactiv commercials the other day, I headed to the bathroom armed with Biore and some fingernails, set on at least digging out some blackheads. So now I do have a couple red spots on my cheek - just in time for the holidays.

5. Dave Matthews is one of my best friends.

THE NEW ITS: Achilles, Gilby, Tracie, and my sister who has no blog BUT I want to extract some college-freshman-BOY stories out of her so I am tagging her anyway. I will let you all know if I get any good dirt.

**Ok so he's not really my best friend, but I did serve him coffee on several occasions and one time I was sweeping the coffeeshop and he was like "what are you doin'" and I was like "getting ready to sweep you off your feet" and he was like "you wouldn't need a broom to do that" and I turned bright red. This was pre-marriage for him, of course.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

This list illustrates how awesome you are, not because of the things on it but because you chose these particular things to write about, and because of the way you write about them. I love your blog (even though it makes me miss having you around).

I also was pleased to see that I witnessed all of the hair phases referenced in the goth story, and that that frozen yogurt I always thought was really creepy turned out to be really creepy. I feel vindicated by this somehow.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home