[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Vacation Time

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Vacation Time

Tuesday marks the official beginning of our Christmas Vacation - we are flying east for 12 days! But there is some fast-moving winter-snowdumper on its way here so we will probably drive down to Reno tomorrow morning and stay with a friend for the night. I am soo excited about the trip for some reason, I guess I am ready for a good dose of family interactions, trivial pursuit, and eggnog!!!

I swiftered all the floors so the cat sitter won't think we are slobs, I bathed the kitty one last time, I cleaned the fish tank, I did laundry, and now I am sitting on the couch trying to summon the motivation to actually pack. For one thing I am tired, for another my back hurts, for a third it's getting dark out and darkness means it's "i'll just do it tomorrow" time, and finally, biggest obstacle of all, the newest Real Housewives of Orange County is about to be on TV!! ADDITIONAL bonus regarding RHOC is that maybe I will finally get the America's Next Top Model "na na na na na na i wanna be on TOP!" song out of my head.

I am beginning to remember why I cancelled my cable TV 4 years ago and, until now, didn't look back. Once winter is over so is cable, this is getting ridiculous.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger achilles3 said...

i have spent the last 6 months without TV and it has been the best thing ever to happen to me!

kick it to the curb and then OD on internet runs on random sundays:-)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Blank said...

I hav'nt had any TV at all since 2003... its awesome

6:56 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

if everything on tv were just like the colbert report, i'd be ok with it
but it's totally not
so much time wasted watching idiot rich kids complain they aren't rich enough, and other blahness

the annoying thing is we wouldn't even have cable if the internet weren't twice as expensive without it!

ugh

but yeah, that evil box is getting eliminated the SECOND project runway ends.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

uh.... I have spent the past 3 months living with one TV channel and I am so happy to be home for two weeks where I have 30+ stations to choose from that it's sickening.

So yes, actually. TV is all it's cracked up to be.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home