[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Snowed in again

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snowed in again

We got another 8-ish inches of snow today, but actually that is a total shot in the dark estimate - I haven't been outside at all!

I worked from home. I sent Greg out for butter, brown sugar, and the mail. I baked cookies. I thought better of running outside in the falling snow on top of the still frozen slush ice in 20 degree temps. I rode my trainer for 2 hours. I watched The Hard Road and tried to mute as much of the cheesy-crappy soundtrack as possible. I watched Pumping Iron too, which I liked - side note: Arnold's boobs are way bigger than mine! The 1975 bodybuilder outfits and hairdo's are awesome. Now I am watching Obama's speech after the results of the NH primary came out. My sister lives in New Hampshire, but she wouldn't tell me how she voted today... Hopefully she didn't fall for Hillary's "tearful and emotional" incident about whatever it was.

Oh god. Maybe my sister is actually a Republican?! I realize I didn't even ask her that question.


Man. Tomorrow I am going outside, I don't care if I slip and fall on my butt 12 times. Good for the blog and good for the soul...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

it's kinda romantic, isn't it?

hey! what's your new job?

I'm moving over to a new blog if you want to update your blogroll -- http://velogirlscoaching.blogspot.com/

10:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You might already have a pair, but these things really help for running in snow and ice:

http://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-Pro-Black-Size-Small/dp/B0007GGXSK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1199898037&sr=8-2

I use them whenever I visit my parents in CO. Have fun in the snow!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thanks holly!! i just ordered some. i had heard of things like this but i only knew to search for "running snowshoes" and the results were definitely NOT what i was looking for...

and lorri: i am working as a personal assistant for a business owner here. it's nice to be able to work remotely, although my "home office" setup is decidedly un-officey. i need to work on ergonomics, the couch is terrible!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's embarrasing to admit, I actually own pumping iron video...loved it!

snowed in is so romantic...get that nice fireplace going as well.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

OK--symptom of the multi-familied family. . .which sister lives in NH? Megan? Sarah?

11:26 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

it's sarah! she's in her first year at dartmouth, despite being super socially busy she still makes time to chat with her big sis.
meghan is still on the big island, and she has a baby!
i am on hold with disney right now for a work thing... yesterday it was peter pan and today it's bambi hold music...

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home