[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Casual Survey #2: Camera or Camera Phone?

Friday, February 29, 2008

Casual Survey #2: Camera or Camera Phone?

So my digital camera broke during camp - not the "broke" from last fall that just proved to be an inconvenience while the camera still worked. No, this time it's flat out non-functional and dead. I've been using my Sony Ericsson w810i camera phone in its stead, but at 2 megapixels and limited lighting abilities, this is not a long-term solution.

Question is: do I buy a new camera, OR, do I get one of my Aussie teammates to bring me a sweet little 5 megapixel camera phone? (note: link is to a hypothetical phone, i would be open to other suggested devices that are a. sporting a decent camera and b. cool)

Advantages to the Camera Phone option:
-only need to carry 1 personal device (right now I carry personal phone, work phone, and broken camera)
-it's cool

Advantages to the Camera option:
-dedicated camera is bound to have slightly better functionality?
-I will have the same camera as Shaz
-it's probably cheaper

Help! (And for your amusement, here's last year's somewhat similar scenario).

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

p.s. I heart Enrique Iglesias.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a tough question and one that I struggle with myself! I like the thought of only having to carry one thing BUT I also like having options! Humm...when you come up with an answer, do tell!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Garrett Lau said...

The Nokia N96 is pretty impressive, but it is not available anywhere until Q3. In the meantime you can get the N95, but it costs over $500. The N96 will cost more. I would recommend keeping your old phone and buying a separate camera.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Camera! All the way!

8:21 PM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

camera for sure!

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The N95 Nokia sucks, the battery life is terrible especially if you start using the camera.

My vote is for a nice digital and leave the phone at home. so you only have to carry one thing.

Roman

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home