[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Update, as promised

Monday, February 25, 2008

Update, as promised

After conducting my favourite form of research, The Casual Survey of Friends, Family, and Readers, I have concluded that Charlie's peeing incidents were the direct result of my 10 day absence (and Greg's 10 days of alone time with kitty). Camp was the first of many multi-day trips for the year. Good thing none of our furniture or stuff is very nice!

Other interesting facts on the day:

-Greg seems to think that he can get revenge for the 10 out of 11 Scrabulous games he's lost to me by pelting me with snowballs. I will be reminding him later that I am the expert at good revenge.

-I ordered my USA Triathlon license online a month ago and I renewed my USA Cycling license 5 days ago. Both arrived in the mail today - interesting.

-I may have gotten out of an astronomical $150 doctor bill today via tears. But really I am frustrated by our healthcare system. I pay $120/month for health insurance that basically only gets me $5 off my birth control pills, unless I miraculously spend $5000 on doctor visits (which at $150 a pop might not be that much of a stretch) and other health crap within the year. Oh and I got a total of $15 off of a $200 lab bill, so that's pretty good I guess. I am tempted to cancel my insurance all together, however The Man has done an excellent job of brainwashing me into thinking it's way too risky and expensive and irresponsible to live without insurance and we have so many good affordable options in this country, UNLESS of course god forbid you have anything in your medical history like asthma or some abnormal test or something like that.

God.

Time to open a bottle of whine wine.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Now you're talking. Go for Rex Goliath Cab Sauv... Nice red, cheap (Nate and I have a rule where we refuse to spend more than $10 on a bottle of wine), but still goes well with anything. Or by itself.

Of course Charlie likes Greg!

Super excited about the license.... :)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

don't cancel your insurance. I haven't been able to get insurance in almost two years and it keeps me up at night sometimes.

but, you can get bigger discounts if you pay cash to your docs. and costco has a kick-butt prescription plan (so cheap you can't believe).

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that they say about revenge? Oh yes, it's a dish best served cold. And don't get me started on health insurance. I've ranted already on that topic enough on my blog. Not that my current coverage covers that pre-existing condition called asthma. Oh no.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

ugh asthma.
i had that very problem two years ago due to asthma - so pissed because it was my doctor's idea to dump a bunch of advair and similar prescriptions on me (and my record)(no information is private any more) and so all i could get was my current expensive crap insurance.
so i wised up and quit the asthma meds, tough at first but cheaper AND guess what lorrie i got approved for CHEAPER crap insurance today (after my own little interpretations of the truth whilst on the phone with them)! woohoo i am now going to pay half as much to still get nothing! lucky me!
my mom says this is what will drive me back to full time work.

i am not making cookies for greg till tomorrow or later. HA.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home