[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Chronicles of the 4th Ginormous Snowstorm

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chronicles of the 4th Ginormous Snowstorm

We got nearly 2 feet of snow this weekend!

Here Greg is wiping off the car before we left the gym tonight, and here the big snow machine is clearing the way for us as we drove home!

Other notes on the day and weekend:

-Bike racing: no need to rag on Levi further, although I WILL SAY that I found it hilarious that they played music really loudly during his post-race interview with Bob Roll so you didn't have to listen to him whine if you didn't want to! Ha HA!

-More on bike racing: Go Katheryn!!!

-My toes are killing me even worse than last week. I took a photo again but I will spare you the sight of my mangled pinky toe! I guess it's time for new running sneakers, this time perhaps a size smaller? Oh darn I guess I have to go shopping.

-There is something wrong with Charlie. Twice since I got back from camp he has PEED where he is not supposed to! The couch and on the bed! And of course when I sit there and try to scold him, "bad kitty! bad kitty! you are a bad bad kitty!" all he does is look up at me, blink, and purr. The message is not getting through. Anyhow I am hoping it's something like an allergy to the wet food we've been giving him, or something like that, because he's not showing any other signs of stress or pissedoffedness. Rest assured I will keep you all updated.

-Starting tomorrow Greg and I both have rest weeks! Woohoo! Time to catch up on stuff for example the laundry and correspondence.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Sorry about the toes - that sucks. Is it blisters?? Body glide works wonders...

Sorry about Charlie! Sorry for your couch and bed - perhaps he was mad that you were gone? Is his box cleaned out (some kitties will go elsewhere even when there's only one clump in the box)... Maybe he has an aversion to the kitty litter? Did you get a new kind?

Hhhmmmm... kind of hard to scold him if he isn't caught in the act.

I will consult my kitty behavior book and get back to you...

6:48 AM  
Blogger Gilby said...

As Marit suggested, maybe Charlie was mad that you left. A former roommate's cat (who for some reason hated my roommate but took a liking to ME, and would cry outside MY bedroom door at night until I let him crawl into my bed) would pee on my stuff any time I returned from a trip.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? I DIDN'T HEAR HIM WHINE AND BESIDES HE'S A GOOD PERSON. HE RESCUES ANIMALS FOR C.... SAKE. IS IT JEALOUSY OR WHATWITH YOU ALL

12:01 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

marit: yeah there are exactly 3 blisters on the bottom of my pinky toe! i think it might be that my shoes are a half size too big. but i will try some anti-chafing cream on it, that's a great idea!

gilby: HAHAHA. yeah it was greg's idea to get the kitty. but he totally loves me not greg!

anon: you are talking about levi i assume, not my cat?

he whined. he whined about the weather, he whined about the race, he whined about his team being the best.

i like my champions to race hard, race clean, show some dynamism, and BE GRACIOUS.

i don't think levi fully fits the bill. yeah he won the race, but he doesn't have the grace (or dynamism for that matter) of a champion. i saw him on the front for approx. 5 minutes of the race.

also fyi i am a girl. i bear no jealousy towards boys whatsoever! i am simply exercising my right to critique those who are making the big bucks in the public eye.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Charlie does like me. a lot. OK, so maybe not to the same degree as Courtenay but he no longer scampers out of the room when I enter...so there.

Anon: if you want to be taken seriously, please refrain from using ALL CAPSLOCK. you may think you're getting your point across more forcefully, but actually you come across as a moron.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY. IT'S SO AMUSING THE WAY YOU TAKE YOURSELVES SO SERIOUSLY. MAYBE IF YOU EVER MAKE IT TO WORLD CLASS STATUS YOU'LL LET YOURSELF WHINE A LITTLE ABOUT THE WEATHER.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

Um, Courtenay, the feet aren't supposed to look like that if you've got the right shoes! I got my run analyized and got put in what looks to be old man orthopedic runners (aka 'Brooks') - and all the pain and blisters went away.

I even posted a double awful post for you - somehow crossing Levi and your cat. It's inappropriate but that's what blogs are for.

Bike racers cry a lot about a lot of things. They have to cry because their arms are so small, they're like helpless babies. Except for Boonen, he's like Zeus but faster and more powerful and complaining in Flemish doesn't sound so bad. How many 'm's in Flemish anyhow?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

i know i saw that! you took that photo yourself?!?!

and my sneakers are brooks too... hm. really i think mine are just a little too big. we'll see.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home