[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Winding Down

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Winding Down

Tomorrow is the first Team VAC race of the year :), and the last day of camp :( ! It's been a fantastic week of training for all of us, and we were very blessed with great weather. I would come back to Healdsburg in a heartbeat for another training camp - great roads for cycling and running, and a nice 25 meter outdoor pool in town.

But I would only come if I had the same great company. Everyone is a lot of good adjectives, including entertaining. For example Sharon is finding herself by reading "A New Earth: Awakening to your Life's Purpose" (she admits it's new-agey crap but by golly she's going to enjoy and learn from it). Sharon and Nicole look so much alike from behind that even Sharon's sister mistook one for the other (made me feel better for making that mistake approx. 12 times this week). Leah has been educating us about all kinds of safety precautions and intelligence methods she learned in the Israeli army, totally fascinating stuff. I can't wait to ride to the race with her tomorrow and get more stories, she is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Ultra-friendly young Hannah has been the recipient of a few of these safety warnings, I swear Hannah would talk to even someone like George W. for an hour just to avoid hurting his feelings! Chrissy left us last night to go to Australia with the national team. I remember meeting her at Mt. Hood in 2005, my first NRC race ever, and during one stage I saw her running the opposite direction along the course, in sneakers, cheering "go ford basis!" (chrissy's team that year) - I was so confused and impressed, until I learned it was actually her twin sister! Incidentally, Leah won the race that year and Chrissy was second. I was in awe of them both. Katie is just as fantastic as she was last year, if not moreso. I am thoroughly entertained whenever she is speaking, even if I can't make out a word she's saying! That happened today in a busy coffeeshop. Also I am learning to say "Leese hunnybunny, do we have a SHED-joule for the MAAssaje?" rather than "hey huntress, what's the muhSSADGE SKEDjull?" The Aussie version is so much more melodious!

More on the rest of the girls tomorrow. I am beat, in a good way but beat nonetheless. So are my toes:

I ran for the same amount of time as my friend Marit today, but not as far and not for an awesome win! Anyhow I know I am a wuss who screams for attention and sympathy even for a hangnail, but I have blisters on ALL of my TOES!!

Ins and outs of the day thanks to my ever-trusty-in-a-pinch camera phone, spooky morning then serene sunset:


Speaking of camera phones, I am reading Katie's trashy Aussie mags and they have ads in there for camera phones with 5 or 6 megapixels!!! Why the crap don't we get that here?!? Did the digital camera industry pay off the domestic phone manufacturers or something?!?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Man oh man - your feet look, er - ah... like cyclists??? :) Not a big fan of feet, but I can appreciate ALL the hard work they do for us.

About 2 minutes after finishing my race - I announced to Nathaniel that I was going to loose a toe nail. Gross, I know - but just part of the sport.

Nice.

I have a long email in store for you - but after 2 very early morning's (3:30 on Sunday and 4:30 today for Master's swim) - I am zoned out. Eeek!

Incoherant babble was never my forte!

It's on the way though.... :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

sounds like a great group of women court! I'm glad you've had such a good time. Have a great race.

Mt Hood? Comming this way anytime soon? Whatch doin the week after easter--we are off from school. . .wnaan come up? Have I mentioned I lost your email? Have I mentioned I wanna see you? Greg? Your kitty?
Love,

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there and thanks on your [url=http://www.oksunglassesaushop.com]oakley sunglasses australia[/url] information ?C I??ve definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did then again experience several technical points the usage of this site, [url=http://www.oksunglassesaushop.com]oakley sunglasses sale[/url] , as I skilled to reload the website a lot of instances prior to I may get it to load correctly. I had been considering if your web hosting is OK?

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home