[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: I need to write a blog but I am too tired

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I need to write a blog but I am too tired

I just got home from camp/the dentist tonight.

Mouth is intact (yay $1500 for a teensy weensy piece of porcelain?)

Stuff's out of the car.

Fingernails are still pink, but flat-ironed hair from yesterday is back to normal waviness.

Um. What else. Kitty still hearts me way more than Greg, I can tell. The roads here are mostly dry and clear of snow, but the weather forecast does not bode well for outdoor riding after tonight... winter precip is back! But I am still glad to be home with Greg and kitty and the fish (all of whom are alive and healthy btw for you naysayers out there).

A couple of leftover quotes from camp and the race yesterday:

Sometimes I'll get home to my apartment after a ride, and my car will be gone! So I'll call Roman and he'll be like "well, I was on my bike and didn't feel like riding home up the hill so I took your car" - my latest favourite Martina quote!



Oh, I'm not racing today because I don't do one-day races any more... not to sound snobby, it's not like I think I am too good or something, it's just that, my teammates can handle a race like this. I don't need to be out there. O.K., good luck with your triathlon thing! - Anonymous


(in the words of Project Runway's Chris March, "don't you just love youth?... Give him a pacifier and put him to bed!" except in this case it's a her)

Somber tired tone aside, I am so happy with how camp went. Team VAC is going to have a fantastic year, and I can't wait to see the girls again at San Dimas!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Hey there - welcome home! Glad that Kitty and the fish AND Greg are okay. I have been confined to the couch with a high resting hr - my coach has given me the day off and EXPLICIT instructions to NOT WORK OUT OR ANYTHING!

Hooray - I can actually catch up on sleep AND reply to email.

So be ready for a long one! :)

Hang in there with the wintery weather...

AND you won't need "luck" with the tri thing. I can just tell you're a natural. You'll do GREAT!!!!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

It's a terrible irony that we straight-haired people wish for wavy/curly hair, while our wavy-haired sisters work for straight hair. . .

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home