[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: False Alarm

Friday, February 15, 2008

False Alarm

I am on Facebook, so is my sister. Last night I was informed that another family member had joined...

"Sally Rohrbach has added you a friend on Facebook!" says my email. Sally Rohrbach is my mom, the one who freaks out when my brother adjusts a desktop setting on her computer and the one who checked out ebay for the first time this Christmas and the one who calls herself a technotard. So I accept the friendship and then write something on her wall and tell my whole team how cool and clever (and slightly alarming) my mom is. And I told Huntress too, she totally wants to be facebook friends with Sal!

Wow, go Sal!

Then today I get two emails from her.

Subject line #1: yikes!!!!!
Highlights from email #1:
"This facebook thing may be the straw that breaks my sanity's back. Wow. I thought that putting my info on the page presented to me by Hope would allow me to see her page - she wrote asking that I look at it... I don't know what facebook is and don't really care. I wish I could unsubscribe and remove my name, but I'm afraid to do anything. Any ideas? And what's scrabulous."


Followed quickly by:

Subject line #2: ???
Email #2:
"What does a "message on my wall" mean?"


Poor Sal!

We have a phone date to sort it out tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrett Lau said...

I don't understand these social networking sites, either. I opened a myspace account in October just to look at the photos of some models that I had photographed. Now, I only go to myspace when I get a friend request. I reject all requests from strangers.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

Too funny! Nate has a facebook page, I do the blog thing... but my parents are very different. They only recently got cable, still use a push-cart lawnmower, don't own a snow blower, and don't believe in air condidionint. They are both on their second cell phones though - but only because they broke thier first. :) They call it "The Facebook".

Nice.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

ooh! can I be your mom's facebook friend?

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home