[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: I need to write a blog but I am making Cookies

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I need to write a blog but I am making Cookies

Tonight I had to make cookies. I am still making them actually. It's ok. Apparently they are delicious but I haven't been into cookies much lately, although I do admit to eating one at camp.

Separate topic, we just watched the Tour of California coverage on Vs. And I, of course, have some opinions and observations.

- Levi's resemblance to a troll annoys me and prevents me from rooting for him. Which is unfair, I know, he didn't choose his gene pool. So maybe it's an accumulated annoyance, beginning last year when they let him keep the yellow jersey in Santa Rosa even though his crash was pretty dang far from the finish. And today during his interview with Bob Roll when he was like "yeah, I didn't really go hard until 5k to go, and then [Gesink] and I made a deal" I found it kind of annoying too. Say something nice for crying out loud! For example "Gesink rode great today and towed my teeny slow bum up the climb and deserved to win esp since I sat there" or I guess that's not nice but still.

- I find it funny that Phil and Paul are now throwing around phrases like "look at big George, what a stud". Did they get a list of California-like phrases?

- SUPER COOL to see the Governator and Big Tom together on the podium in Sacramento yesterday!

- What's with the "Free Lamb of God DVD from the Jesus Christ Church of Latter Day Saints" commercials during a bike race?

- A downside to watching my favourite sport on TV: we discontinued HBO to get the sports package. So now we don't get Flight of the Conchords or Entourage reruns or Real Time, instead we get the Golf Channel and reruns of some Goldie Hawn football movie and 1 week with 1 hour of cycling a night.

- An upside: I get to watch my favourite sport on TV! Go Dave Z! Go Roman! Go Jens! Go Bissell! Go Creed! Go crazy fan with elk antlers on his helmet! Go Mari Holden, the cutest of Vs's bike-racer-turned-commentators!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get the entire Flight of the Conchords series on DVD.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I too find myself not being able to root for Levi. Can a rider be more boring??

Flight of the Conchords is the only reason I have kept HBO. And comeon, Wildcats is like a top 500 movie in anyone's book.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

A troll? Great - now whenever I look at the guy, that's what I'll think. Thanks.

On another note - just left this on Greg's blog, so I had better leave it on yours as well. Shucks - you two are cute!

"Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last cookie is for. Me give up the last cookie for you."
- Cookie Monster

That's for the two of you - as obviously we haven't met. And I'm not the greatest cookie maker in the world. But you two are just so darned cute. And who doesen't love cookie monster??? :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger dblrider said...

Hey Court - Cut Levi a little slack, will ya! He has made big moves of his own. At the '06 Tour of Austria, he dropped Georg Totschnig (despite his manager's insistence that Levi ride as a helper) on the hardest stage and solo'd to victory in the stage and the overall. Heck, he'd have been 2nd in last year's Tour if he hadn't been fined and time penalized 20 sec for drafting a team car when his bike had a mechanical problem. I'm not a huge Levi fan, but the guy is riding really well. Not to mention that he pulled off a fantastic TT win over the reigning world TT champion, British TT champion and US TT champion...after 7 hours in the rain and wind and cold. I was at the finish in SLO and it was bone chillingly cold and wet. Absolutely freaking miserable.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

i realize he is a talented rider, and i had actually forgotten about his 06 rides (i think i even liked him back then!). BUT i maintain that he could use some help with his PR skills, even if he is pissed off that his team may not go to the tour. and i also maintain that he was/is boring to watch. maybe the problem is that i came into cycling during the lance era, when the champion was obviously domininant, not just in the tt either.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home