[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Finally... Football!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Finally... Football!

But before I get to my in depth First-Year Football Fan Analysis of the Day's Telecasts... we got over a foot of snow last night! I tried to take kitty out onto the balcony to take photos of him in the snow, but he was totally not into it:
He's kind of a wuss when it comes to Out Side (how appropriate - so am I!) but for a Tahoe cat this is a good thing. There are tons of coyotes outside ready and waiting for a nice piece of domesticated pet for dinner.

Speaking of the cat, Greg is already clamoring for a second one. His argument is that it was his idea to get the cat in the first place, not mine at all, but the cat loves me and not him and he wants a cat that likes him! It's true, Charlie sits with me and purrs and sleeps with me and is generally sweet and cute, but as soon as Greg walks in or starts talking, kitty scuttles off ASAP and I start laughing. Ha!

O.K. so now for my observations on Superbowl Sunday thus far - the game only just started but thanks to a somewhat lengthy trainer and treadmill workout schedule for this morning, I have gotten to watch all the pre-shows, the pre-pre-shows, and various glorifications of past stars. Highlights for me:

-Howie Long (who BY THE WAY occasionally went to my same Gold's Gym in Charlottesville) on horseback! Which was totally cute except for the fact that the horses he was riding and leading around were both dirty!

-Lots of pinup shots of Gisele Bundchen, g.f. of Pat's qb Tom Brady (who BY THE WAY fathered a child with actress Bridget Moynahan)

-A few interviews with members of the undefeated Miami Dolphins team from 1972, most of whom were not going to root for the Patriots to win and thus go undefeated for the whole year. Bitter jealous old codgers.

-Apparently all the commercials aired during the game can be viewed on myspace?!?!

And finally, my favourite:

-A whole posse of football people reading off the Declaration of Independence. I am totally confused by this. Is Fox saying they are rooting for the Patriots? Or is the Superbowl supposed to embody the spirit of American revolutionaries and forefathers?!? I am guessing it's the latter, and yeah I really enjoy watching football but I can't for the life of me see a tight relationship between the Declaration of Independence and today's smorgasbord of spandex, aging rock stars, booze and nachos, and car commercials.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta say, that was the most exciting super bowl in quite a long time. It was sad to see the Pats lose, after such an amazing season. But, the Giants deserved that win and Eli Manning was amazing. BTW, since you're a "newby" at football, you might want to ask Greg what he thinks of the Giants' team colors. Frankly, I think they are ugly! I mean...come on.....the NY Giants have always been Blue/White!

Now, onto the cat thing. You MUST get a second cat!! Charlie will love you even more for it! He will have company when both of you are away!

Huntress

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tahoe cats are pretty. Good to keep your kitties indoors, I lost one to coyotes and it was very sad. My other kitties were neighborhood strays I had taken in who had evaded coyotes for years. I had spent nights shooting coyotes in the butts with a wrist rocket to get em out of my yard.

PS, be careful of those big ice cycles. Do they curve towards your windows as the snow sheds off the roof? Ive had them break through my windows before, scarey and cold!!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home