[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Introducing the Rec Center Lobster!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Introducing the Rec Center Lobster!

Today I am back to making fun of things that are not me.

The Rec Center is where I swim and work out here in town, it's the only pool in the area and it's actually a pretty nice one. Anyhow, if you ask me, there are always tons of kids running around, playing basketball, taking swim lessons, walk/running on the treadmills in jeans and casual sneakers, playing air hockey, screeching, etc.

However, apparently the rec center staff feels like they need to attract even more kids and families. We now have the "Rec Center Lobster" in the pool on weekend afternoons, which I find problematic because I like to sleep in and leisurely make my way to working out on weekends... not any more, because the when the lobster is set up there are only 2 lanes for lap swimming, as well as too many hilarious distractions in the form of slippery fat kids spending like half an hour trying to get on the lobster.

(not the greatest photo but you get the idea)

Additionally, these lobsters cost something like $4,000!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Now THAT Lobster-thingy is a distraction. Yuck!However - after your swim you could show the slippery fat kids how its done and claim the lobster for yourself. Ha! That'll show them - stupid 12 year olds... :)

Yup - I went to UW-Madison. I'm a badger. But don't really root for their sports teams. Had an awful rowing coach. Ugh! Which is why I do triathlons and no longer row. Great school, I LOVE Madison, and miss State Street and the great coffee shops. Sigh*

Thanks for your comments...

And BTW - I talk to Tabbitha all the time. Most people aren't "cat people" and therefore don't understand. I tell Nathaniel that she KNOWS what I'm saying... (dude - she only attacks him, not me. :)

So there you have it!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home