[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Progress on New Year's Resolutions

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Progress on New Year's Resolutions

I never actually blogged about any resolutions, but I did indeed make a few. Do more artwork (specifically, at least a painting and a card a month), do my own bike maintenance (specifically, learn to replace cables myself), and the usual general "keep the apartment clean", "be nice", "don't eat too much or too little", etc.

It's been nearly a month, and I don't know how the crap I am so busy but I have gotten nothing accomplished! Argh! I have picked up my pencils on several occasions, but pens and paints keep getting put off till the weekend or the rest week or some time that is not the evening of a long tiring day. The good news is inspirational momentum is building, so I am thinking there will (with perhaps some caffeination?) be a breakthrough.

As for the bikes... well, I do have one major excuse, which is the lack of a bike stand. My rear derailleur cable is distinctly on its way out, I have limped through my last few workouts by periodically twisting the barrel adjuster and being flexible about my gearing choices, but after a thorough fix-it attempt last night I had to say "uncle". So I tromped over to the Village Ski Loft today, hoping that since they sell mountain bike stuff in the summer time, someone might be able to help me. The ski guys were like "dude, um, I don't know WHAT to do with a BIKE." But thankfully there is a guy there named Elko who said he could replace my cables!

Poor sad cold little bike, it looked so out of place next to all the skis and snowboards.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

I checked out your artwork blog site - you are so talented... incredibly so. Your artwork is breathtaking, beautiful. I hope that you continue to pick up your pencils... for everyone out here who enjoys your art! Keep it up, both my husband and I (and he has almost no art appreciation whatsoever!) enjoyed looking at your paintings - stunning! As for the bike cables, I'm guilty of the same. It would be nice to learn how to replace those suckers...but... no bike stand. And who wants to get cable grease/bike grease over everything? Not I, said the fly.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thank you marit! you made my day!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home