[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Trouble in Paradise

Monday, January 28, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

Stupidhead is in big trouble. If I were mean, I would flush her, but I am not so I am going to try to talk a local pet store into trading me two nice little fish for my ginormous, "healthy" monster. She is in big trouble.

Sweetie is MISSING A FIN and I KNOW it is Stupidhead's fault. Unfortunately for Sweetie, weather reports indicate that I might not make it to the store in Truckee until next week, so in the meantime I am going to be rearranging the plants and telling Greg to stop laughing at me.

Relatedly, we thought we lost the cat this morning. I looked for him for a good 15 minutes, he wasn't in any of his usual places (and by the way I continue to be baffled at how easy it is to lose things in the world's smallest apartment). Then I opened the linen closet door:Look how cute!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an experienced previous fish owner, I can verify that your fish with the missing fin's days are numbered. Fish are cruel. No way around it. Eat or be eaten.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

I once found my "lost" cat in the pantry, among all the cans of beans and soup. A dark, hidey-hole -- i totally get it.

cat in linen closet = way cute.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute cat.
Both my cats have strange closet hidey holes in the house and the garage. There is even a secret secret hidey place that I havent found yet that one of my cats can disappear to for hours, then reappear at the food bowl.
I enjoy your blog, best wishes in the Tahoe weather.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I have to admit that there have been several times when I've been in a panic (what, me?) and thought that Boots had disappeared. I looked everywhere. Finally, I found him, hidden under boxes in our garage.

Oh...and one time, a few years ago, when we went out for dinner, opened the closet to get our jackets, and went on our merry way. Several hours later, we returned home, opened the closet door and guess who ran out, after being locked in there???

Cats...ya gotta love'em.

Huntress

3:47 PM  
Blogger EB said...

It's cute until they get stuck in there all day after you shut the open closet on your way to work and find they have Van Damme-ed it open and the big heavy door is off its track...

Or maybe that's just my bad little cat.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home