[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Bananas - Interesting.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Bananas - Interesting.

This was the subject line of an email I got from my mom this morning, which like most things my mom says and does, cracked me up. The email was a forward all about how bananas are great, which I already knew, but still: Ha! Bananas - Interesting.

Other news:

- Baby Thor is a bit sick. She caught a cold on the way home from Reno (i.e. she has 'ich'), I have not had to deal with a sick fish yet so I freaked out but when I talked to the fish store they said to put in 1 tbsp of salt per 10 gallons of water, and to jack the heater up to 86 degrees and it should go away in 5-7 days. The good news is she has a healthy appetite, and Sweetie and Pipsqueak are very healthy and happy looking.

- This Sunday and Monday, en route to my super awesome VAC training camp, to which I have been looking forward since like AUGUST, I will be stopping by the city to chill with friends, get my old dentist to make me a crown, and go SHOPPING! On a budget of approx. $10 of course, but that will definitely get me some cool paper at Flax and maybe some new shoelaces at Sports Basement and hopefully also a new nail polish to bring to camp. Woohoo party time for Court!

- The sun finally came out here! Temps are in the 40's for the first time since December, and I'm loving it. I still haven't ventured outside for any workouts, the roads are wet from all the snow melting and it's a rest week so I am O.K. with doing 1 hour rides and 30 minute runs indoors, and catching up on my Animal Planet. Polar bears - interesting.

- Tomorrow I am going to the car wash to make my bike sparkly.

And that's about it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Okay - this is the SECOND post I've read tonight about bananas.

AND, my coach said I should eat a banana (along with the other 900 kcal before my 110 mile ride tomorrow... yeah...) AND take one with me on the ride incase I have stomach issues or get sick of my nutrition stuff.

And the worst part? I HATE bananas. But I eat them because they're good for me.

3 people mentioning bananas in one day is too much for me. It's a sign - the banana is my friend.

In other news... you would be very proud of me... I bought my VERY FIRST official cycling jersey! (I needed more room to put water bottles and the 3 cages on my bike won't hold enough for how little I want to stop). So yeah... it has sleeves and everything. Gosh - tomorrow I'll look like a real biker chick. Except, of course, I'll be on a tri bike. But its a start...

7:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how can you tell when a fish is sick? does it puke? does it get pale? does it float around listlessly?

I wish I was up there this weekend to hang with you when you go through the city! (OMG I almost just spelled city "sitty". wtf?)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salt ain't gonna cut it. You need to get something like Rid-Ich, or your fish have a good chance of dying. 5-7 days...they likely won't make it that long.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salt ain't gonna cut it. You need to get something like Rid-Ich, or your fish have a good chance of dying. 5-7 days...they likely won't make it that long.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home