[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Calm Sweet Fluttery Breezes

Friday, March 21, 2008

Calm Sweet Fluttery Breezes

I am now relaxing and saying OM and purging myself of all inclinations to rant, bite heads, and cause my face to get red and my brow to furrow.

My sister is forgiven. Apparently she was in the car with my mom and had been napping and my mom made her wake up and answer my mom's cell phone since my mom was too busy driving, so I can't say I blame her for being bratty.

Shoes arrived. Our UPS lady is nice and in no way emblematic of the occasional mindlessness of her company.

Better yet: shoes fit. Thusly I am less worried about having to send back the other new in-transit purchases. HOWEVER, the fact that they FIT and are a smaller size than my PREVIOUS shoes begs the question: WHY THE CRAP was I fitted in the WRONG SIZE by a CERTIFIED BROOKS DEALER?!?!?!?!

This is a question I am not going to pursue. See note above about fluttery breezes and elimination of rants.... knowing me, though, this will probably be a "redirection" rather than an "elimination".


In refreshingly *other* news, this afternoon there is a high school swim meet at our pool! One of our swim buddies is actually the coach for the Truckee High School swim team, although her daughter swims for Incline. Vicky promised me this morning that the meet would be entertaining. I can't wait!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Were they the same model shoes? I wear Brooks, too...but when I moved down to the Adrenaline from the Ariel (YAY FOR ORTHOTICS!)I moved down a half-size.

I pondered the same thing...was I fit wrong? Just difference in shoe model?

To quote Tootsie Roll Pop commercials, "the world may never know..."

12:12 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

same model - i use the adrenaline 7. although i am not convinced about this shoe so i ordered some other models. to be fair i was fitted in the adrenaline 6, but it fits the same, and i had this whole conversation with the lady and she was like "it's not supposed to fit like a cycling shoe! you need room!" but i have had blisters on ALL of my toes for a year and a half.

so the real question is: why didn't i look for a solution sooner?

i don't know much about the ariel. i ordered the axiom, the infinity, and the racer st3.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The adrenaline 7 is the greatest 'grandpa' running shoe. That's because I wear it but for only 3 months at a time. You can get them super cheap at Sports Basement.

I know a single person in Truckee, Darcy Norman.

This comment had nothing to do with your post, I just wanted to say that.

PS - Sarah was talking about you in her letter to the editor, unless you know other folks who showed up with an aero Rudy helmet, an SRM and the pro-triathlete coach.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

ok thing 1: that helmet is (edited for sponsorship reasons)
thing 2: you can't really see the SRM because your eyes are more drawn to the TT bike with a dent (greg's fault) and with paint chips (someone else's fault, will have to decide who) and
thing 3: he's not my coach, he's my cheerleader!

anyhow
i'm about to do the same at icebreaker. but everyone will feel better when they beat me in the swim. then i will just have to woosh-woosh by them so they can get a good look at my srm and aero wheels and NORMAL helmet (which this year has this silvery triceratops spike in the back?! not sure why)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Now we're smack-talking, huh? Well I'm about to eat my words since I'm getting that aero helmet...I'm totally going to be one of THOSE people who have the fancy-schmancy bike and the crazy helmet...I'll be sure I give a 'look' to anybody who shows up with a hybrid.

I got the Ariel at Sports Basement, too. Unfortunately I didn't get too good of a deal since they only that the newest model in my size. Stupid big feet. But yeah - I find the smaller size has been AWESOME in regard to no blisters or black toenails. No pain AT ALL.

Hey I have an idea to help you combat some of your shipping woes: how about when your athlete friends come up to Tahoe they make a trip to Sports Basement prior and pick up what you need and hand-deliver them? Saves you shipping charges...

and by the way...no, I was NOT talking about people like Courtenay because SHE will actually BENEFIT from those things. ;)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Okay now I'm responding to Courtenay - not big on the alien helmet? Hmmm...people have been talking it up...and given that I was going spend money on either that or renting some Zipps...I was going for the helmet. I've got some decent wheels that should do fine...

But what are your thoughts??

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had toe blisters back in college because I had the silly notion that I was a size 14 (now I wear 12.5's). because of my experience, I told court that her shoes were probably too big. then i got down to check out how much space she had in her shoes and there was almost a full inch of room! i felt like an idiot for not catching this sooner.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Well--I don't know the difference between a 6 aand a 7 but this here sahm (saty at home mom)runs in adreneline too!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home