[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Still No Shoes

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Still No Shoes

I still hate everything, including and especially UPS at the moment. But, life must go on, so after biting the heads off of:

-Road Runner Sports, for being the middleman

-My sister, for being unsympathetic and square and curt and mean and for generally existing

-Road Runner Sports again, for not having several models of shoes in my size

-My Neighbors, for having a big loud truck and driving it in and out of the parking lot a kabillion times and thus making me leap up from work a kabillion times to see if UPS was really here which they really weren't

-Greg, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (i.e. in my presence whilst I was biting off everyone's heads)

anyhow after all this I just sucked it up and paid full price plus expedited shipping on the Brooks website so that maybe I can run in sneakers that fit by the time Silverman rolls around again. (You are wondering: hasn't Court been bitching about shoes that are finally getting delivered so what's up with ordering more? Well. I was bitching because last week's yesterday's today's tomorrow's sneakers were meant to be the bellwether pair, satisfaction of which would impact my purchase of a necessary 3 add'l pairs, which I'll ideally have in hand prior to leaving town for 10 days next Thursday so I can put a lid on the replace-your-freakin'-SHOES-already signals my legs have been giving me. But I can't wait any longer so I am ordering sans bellwether, which hopefully doesn't totally backfire in the form of expensive unreturnable rubber merchandise).

Now I am going to get back to picking brackets based on who is cute and what colleges were attended by people I do/don't like, beating Greg at scrabble, waiting for my mom to call so I can complain about my insensitive little sis, and getting ready to go to the gym where I will be sure to glare at unsupervised posses of highschoolers wearing too much perfume/cologne because they are flirting with each other all over the strength-training equipment.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

I'm outraged that there are people who live like this. Have you tried to ship to someone you know locally with a mailbox or possibly a local shop that would LOVE to support a pro woman cyclist by accepting the occasional pair of shoes in the mail? I'd also like to know why Mr. Remaly's site has lots of pictures of him with a swim hat on when in fact, swimming is the least coolest of the 3? Plus swimmers pee on each other.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never met you Courtney but I as you can see we have a mutual friend in Mr. Pokorny (aka Wet-suite/foaty man) and I enjoy reading your posts, since they are similar to mine in rage.

Just thought I should say 'Hi!' and keep up the entertainment and ragging on Loren 'cause it is fun!!

-Soda

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love your way of picking brackets! It's like during football season when we have on going pool at my office. I always pick my winners by the places I'd like to visit and train!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Courtenay,

Thanks for your comment. I enjoy your blog too (as of yesterday!) but am so sorry to hear of your troubles with these much-needed shoes (I went through the pain of needing new shoes, so I can relate to what it feels like; the pain of dealing with shipping hassles, though, is all its own world - that I don't proclaim to relate to). I must say, though, you have had incredible patience in dealing with this...there must be SOME BETTER WAY!

Geez...

On another note, I appreciated your comment on my blog. I think the biggest thing is really the barrier to entry...I think your comparison to cycling was good. Triathlon is more individual, but it doesn't have to mean that the support shouldn't be there. Anyway.

I hope your weekend is better than your week. Good luck with the brackets! Your comment about the gym cracked me up...I love hearing all about Incline Village.

Hey, speaking of - are you going to be involved in any way with the ride around Lake Tahoe in June? What a gorgeous ride...that's when I might say in spite of shipping mishaps and over-scented highschoolers at the gym...you live in a really amazing place.

Enough rambling...Happy Friday!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

you know, you are like the 3rd person who has mentioned this famous ride to me! i don't know anything about it, but i have only lived here since oct. so that's probably why. i am going to investigate.

and katie: the bracket that I mostly picked is doing better than greg's!! but not better than my brother's. oh well. but yeah that impacts my football picks too and earns me lots of teasing!

and any opp. to tease loren, for some reason it's so fun?! th comment about doing the cha-cha that he left on ben's blog=HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

court, pretend you never heard about the ride around Tahoe. It's called America's Most Beautiful Ride and nicknamed America's Most Dangerous Ride. It's a national Team in Training event which means that 90% of the participants are doing their very first century ever -- and not safe riders at all. stay very far away that day!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

hahaha thanks for the warning...

i was already leary because i HATE riding around the lake, no one drives safely or slowly or respectfully here, largely because their large freaking cars take up the whole road anyway, plus they are on their phones and shaving and looking at their kids in the backseat all at the same time!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home