[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Santa Monica - Day 5, "The Blur"

Friday, April 04, 2008

Santa Monica - Day 5, "The Blur"

Why do recovery days have to feel like the busiest of all?! Today was an easy day of training before tomorrow's last hurrah and Sunday's drive home but MAN I am beat.

I got up at 8.

I fed the puppy and the birds and me.

I ran.

I ate 3 pieces of toast.

I went to the bike shop to pick up my TT bike.

I rode my TT bike.

I ate some Newman's O's, and some other stuff, I forget.

I swam.

I went back to the bike shop to pick up my road bike.

I showered and spent like an hour doing my hair.

Greg was present for a lot of these "i did"s but not for this one:
I went out to dinner with my aunt and uncle and cousin!! We went out in Venice Beach, to a place called Hal's, and I had a delicious steak and tons of water because I was too scared to order a glass of wine and too busy chatting to ask a waiter for something more exciting anyway.

I checked emails on my phone on the drive home.

I am blogging quick.

I can't wait for bed, and for tomorrow! (no not because of dumb basketball, but because tomorrow will be a fun day of training, woohoo!)(i am definitely not trying to trade lives with any fellow alumnae...)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Were they Browns or Courts? Sounds like all the training is going great!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

Um, it was Greg's big idea. Left to my own devices, easy days are easy... but this week we crammed 7 days into 6.

But, cough cough, I am indeed a total badass.

Actually today I was remembering Silverman and how inconceivable it seemed to me at the time to do two laps of that run course. So, right back atcha!!

And Allison: Browns! Bruce, Mimi, and Heather - it was lovely, it's been almost 4 years since I'd seen them. I will call you.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

It's late on Saturday - was thinking about you and Greg today! Hope you guys had a most excellent LONG training day!

Safe drive back home!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know "the blur" is the name of the racer/go-kart in the "Little Rascals"?? you a some of my random knowledge for ya.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAD ASS IS RIGHT! 3 workouts on an easy day! haha. I like the part where you spent 1 hour on your hair. CLASSIC. Jen H. :)

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely don't trade with any alumnae! If you are loving life, that is what counts, and I'd bet that most of the girls would be jealous of your love of your life.

I too am angsty about school stuff-- my 10 year reunion. So far I can't bring myself to spend the money to fly east for it, I'm not sure that I see a benefit to me...
I mean, being in touch with some particular other gfs-ers is, well, refreshing! Particularly when feeling angsty about all things related to having gone to said school. It is definitely a unique and shared experience. And talking to others makes me feel not-so-crazy for feeling anxious. But I don't know that the potential that I might connect with someone or share fun stories outweighs the (ubiquitous?) self-doubt that runs rampant in me at these sorts of things.

I think that you should do whatever feels right! The way I see it is that the alumnae who want to know how you're doing can find out how awesome you are, as for the others they don't have anything nice to say anyway.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home