[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Santa Monica - days 6&7

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Santa Monica - days 6&7

What a great trip! We just got back home to a semi-clean apartment, hungry fishies, and a warm purring kitty in Incline. Yesterday's training was long but good. My bike and I even got cheered and waved at by big limo filled with teenage girls in Malibu! At the end of it all we ate a bunch of pizza and watched UNC lose and went to bed too late after observing how 3 ten year old boys conduct themselves in a sleepover (the answer: moderately well, as long as video games are involved).

Today we woke up and said "bye" to our favourites:



I tried to talk Greg into kissing Arnold, but I was unsuccessful.

Then we hit the road.







And we made it! Greg even said at one point that I was driving well.

O.K., time to rest hard...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Welcome Home! Now time to let all the training really sink in!

Great pictures - very fun! Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time in California - hooray!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, you were driving fairly well, despite your tendency to overgear the poor, overburdened, underpowered Civic on the uphills.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, how could he NOT kiss the pig?

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! I'm glad you made it home save and sound with the Honda (and Greg) in one piece.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Eileen Swanson said...

Cool, sounds like an awesome trip. I LOVE the piggie and black lab. Super cute! I can't believe Greg didn't kiss him, he told me he was such a HUGE animal lover. Hmmm....

Have a good one,
E

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

LOVE the pics. Really loved hearing all about your fun week!

I can't decide who's cuter - Bob or Arnold. And just looking at Arnold definitely makes me think twice about pork.

Sigh...why do some of the tastiest things have to be some of the cutest things?

Glad you guys had such a great trip!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between two pizza dinners and a big breakfast Saturday morning, I had more bacon, sausage, and pepperoni the last three days of the trip than I've had the last 12 months. And I didn't even think twice.

maybe it's because those meats don't look anything like a pig so it's easy to forget what you're eating. also they are delicious.

Arnold is cute and awesome and I would never eat him. knowingly.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home