[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: When Greg's Away, the Cat will Play

Thursday, May 29, 2008

When Greg's Away, the Cat will Play

Kitty when Greg is not around:

Kitty when Greg is around:

So Kitty has never really been a big Greg fan. I don't know whether it's Greg's 6'5" height, his tendency to be loud when he does basically anything, or the fact that he thinks it's funny to hiss and/or growl at kitty, but the end result is that 7 months after we adopted him, kitty loves me more than ever and runs and hides as soon as he hears Greg. He's actually turned into a bit of a watch-cat, he knows Greg is coming home before I do.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

How does Greg feel about this?

Your cat is SO adorable btw.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

As Greg says when I prompt him 20 times a day: "Yup, he's cute alright."

Greg is not into the fact that kitty hates him. Latest plan, which was my idea, is for Greg to ignore the cat for at least a week and maybe give the cat a chance to become indifferent or even potentially open to friendliness. Greg can't talk to him or pick him up or sqeeze him or kiss him or laugh at him or anything. We'll see. Either way, I get endless amusement out of it all. I can pick him up and sqeeze him and laugh at him (the cat, not Greg), and he still totally loves me and follows me around!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe he's threatened by the fact that he's competing with another man for your love...

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it had to do with the hissing and growling. Give it time, he'll come around, although my cats are terrified of my dad but he likes it that way... if Greg comes to my BBQ and my cats don't warm to him then drastic measures might need to be taken... ha...jk

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home