[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: You call this Beach Weather?

Thursday, May 22, 2008

You call this Beach Weather?

I really would not have believed you if you told me that on May 22, 2008, two days before Memorial Day Weekend ushers in summertime, I would be riding my bike inside due to snow and hail and general unpleasantness. It's supposed to be like this until early next week.

The good news out of this is that I am expecting the holiday weekend to be a fairly quiet one around here, not too many tourists and beach-goers. Last year, Memorial Day was actually my first trip to Incline Village, I headed up here to spend the weekend with Greg before driving North with Hutch to the Mt. Hood stage race. A year ago, the weather was good and the tourists were plentiful.

Anyhow, in other news, my new iPod arrived today! I just ordered it yesterday, and I got free shipping! How cool is that! Now let's just cross our fingers that a. it works and b. I don't go and introduce it to any major home appliances.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

You would have been welcome here but Gregg couldn't find an earlier appt. I'm heading home now in my shorts, red backpack and SS jersey (ok a windvest and arm warmers too).

4:44 PM  
Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

Minus one G. It's just Greg.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm New England likes to play that game too.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope it's better in 1 1/2 weeks when I'm there!!! Speaking of...we should meet up. Maybe you could meet us at the lunch stop if you're around? It's in King City. I'll talk to you about it this weekend. :)

I feel so bad for your CRAPPY WEATHER! :( Boo!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home