[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: JD once again informs me that I am silly

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

JD once again informs me that I am silly

Me: My ride went O.K. I think I overheated.
JD: How come?
Me: Well, I was wearing an undershirt so I wouldn't feel obligated to bring a vest, and I was wearing arm warmers so I don't get a cycling tan, but it was like 90 degrees in Castro Valley when I got there.
JD: Arm warmers? Are you retarded? Why not just wear sunscreen?
Me: I had 45 on under the warmers but you still get a tan with that.
JD: -stupefied pause-
JD: Courtenay, you are a cyclist! You're going to have tan lines! Just embrace it!
Me: Easy for you to say, you don't have summertime tank tops and sundresses looming over your head.
JD: Ridiculous. You are ridiculous.


***************

Speaking of Silly, here is JD's marginally funny joke of the week:

JD: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
JD: Control freak. O.K. now you say "control freak who?" and then I say...

And that's it. Although I will admit that I did laugh.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

if you train in sleeveless jerseys it will minimize the arm tan line (don't use sunscreen on your arms). then, just spend one day a week (even an hour) in a bikini and you should even out enough to wear a strappy little dress or tank top.

or just embrace it!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

i like option 1...
i did wind up taking the armwarmers off yesterday and rolling up my sleeves. i will start scheduling bikini time into my weeks though - i love that idea!
oooo maybe i could combine this with learning to swim well?!?! hmmm. this is getting better and better.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I see a triathlon in your future.

I'm lucky. since my office is at home, I can answer email on my patio in the morning wearing a bikini. but it's starting to get too hot for that so I might have to start swimming again, too!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home