[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Conversation with Mom #8

Friday, July 20, 2007

Conversation with Mom #8

I have been so busy lately doing really important things the details of which I forget that I have kind of slacked on calling my mom. Last week I get this email from her, and mind you she is not usually the most openly affectionate-towards-her-kids person ever (examples), anyway she writes me this email filling me in on the latest news and at the end she says "I miss talking to you."

Oops. I am a terrible daughter. But I am working on making up for it thanks to Cingular.



Sal: ...and we have a new cat!

Me: Another one? Where did you get it?

Sal: WELL, it showed up in Maggie's front yard last week and she called me saying could I take it since she couldn't keep it because her cat would kill it, and I said why didn't she take it to the SPCA, and she said oh no it's so cute and precious she just couldn't do that and wouldn't I please take it, and I said I would only take it if it was gray and a girl, and damned if the thing isn't a gray girl kitty. So now she's mine.

Me: Well what's her name?

Sal: We haven't named her yet. I am taking suggestions.

Me: What are you up to in Spanish numbers? (side note: there are a bunch of cats on my mom's property, when the 7th showed up she decided she'd run out of names and she called that one Siete, then Ocho arrived...)

Sal: Nueve. This one is the 9th. But your sister said I can't call it Nueve, and she said if I do she's going to move out, so I can't call it Nueve.

Me:...

Sal: Maybe I will call it Nueve.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home