[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: No Snacks!!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

No Snacks!!

I am sitting in Telluride, in my hotel room, having just gotten back from dinner that involved all kinds of chips-and-dip platters, some wine, salad with nuts AND avocado AND feta, ahi tuna entree, some margarita, and fried ice cream.

But I'm STARVING.

As usual, me being picky about my food intake is totally backfiring because now I am hungrily crabby AND:

There is nothing to eat in here except the two boxes of truffles that were in my room when I got in this afternoon and the Jolly Ranchers I swiped from the Philly host hotel back in June which I just found in my purse.

Where oh where is my well stocked fridge and why oh why didn't I bring any snacks!


Backing up to earlier today, I totally nerded out on the cloud formations as we were flying in to Montrose and then driving to Telluride. I took 43 pretty identical-looking photos of the landscape and surrounding storm clouds, until my desperate need to expel all the water and coffee I had consumed all morning kind of necessitated a re-focus inward and some sort of zen-self controlness that went on and on way too long thanks to roadwork traffic jams. So the photographing fell by the wayside and miserable leg jiggling and road-bumpiness wincing took over.



I am having trouble with comestibles today. Sigh. Good thing I have no complaints about the scenery, company, etc.


P.S. Of the categories listed in my post below, I guess this falls under #2? "Detailed details of me and myself".

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger fuji rider said...

you'll have some nice paintings coming from that trip. When's the art show????

Pro-Ho

2:29 PM  
Blogger Garrett Lau said...

Nice photo. I often take multiple photos of the same scene, but I almost always end up liking the first one the best.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thanks - i took it with my camera phone!!

and yes mark, paintings were the motivation. clouds!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home