[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Vacation Time

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vacation Time

I am off to Telluride tomorrow for a long weekend.

Technically since this is a Work function, it is a taboo blog topic, but I will try to sneak in some harmless photos and stories that of course have no mention or inclusion of my top-secret co-workers.

Or I could fill the blog time with other fascinating topics, such as:

1. Detailed progression of my training... e.g. took BART to Orinda yesterday and did intervals on my TT bike on San Pablo Dam Road and then I rode home on Wildcat but I am pretty certain that next time I will drive to the other side of the hills rather than BART because blah blah blah... Boring.

2. Detailed details of various bodily ailments... e.g. my neck still hurts from crashing two weeks ago, I still have a lump on my inner right thigh from the mysterious insect bite I got at NVGP, I have these ridges on both thumb nails, and I keep having nightmares that my teeth are falling out... but this might be a little too revealing of my psychoses and inanities.

3. I could call my mom and post transcripts of our conversations. E.g.:

Me: Hi Ma.
Sal: Hi Sweetie!!!
Me: I want to adopt a kitty.
Sal: No! I forbid you!
Me: Why? You live 3000 miles away.
Sal: You have NO BUSINESS being responsible for ANY LIVING THING. Your life is TOO SELF CENTERED. It would be UN FAIR to the KITTY.

We have had this conversation a ton of times. You can also replace "kitty" with "puppy", "bunny", "snake", "tree", and "goldfish", and the rest of the conversation will remain the same.

4. I could opine about the state of bike racing and dopers. NO THANKS I am sick of this topic.



#3 is thus far looking pretty good...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger EB said...

Mr. Man always tells me that dreams about tooth loss mean that you're lying about something. I have them all the time, but I think they're more about the fact that I mess my teeth up a whole lot.

What is the deal with fingernail ridges? I had some show up this year & have no idea what they are...

And finally, KITTY!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Gilby said...

I always thought teeth dreams were about losing control? Not that I have been having dreams about breaking my lower front teeth or anything...

2:33 PM  
Blogger fuji rider said...

I say, no promale tour next year, only the ladies do the full tour with full support of the protour male sponsors, media etc. Top 20 ladies teams in the world or top 5 teams from each country (up to 30 teams) with set of 6 riders per team.....

let the men sit down one year from TdF....

ladies pro racing kicks ass!!!

Pro-Ho

9:02 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

have a great vacation! I vote for scandalous photos of co-workers in compromising positions.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home