[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Ugh Groan Etc.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ugh Groan Etc.

I have had about 13 or 14 telephone conversations with a friend about lodgings for Downer's Grove. It's all very highly complex, believe me...

Me: So, I am back to Plan A of staying with you at Breda's.
Him: Oh. Um. Oh. Well. OK.
Me: Wait, it's still OK with her, right?
Him: I think so. I emailed her last week and asked her but I haven't heard back.
Me: WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS FOR THE PAST SIX WEEKS. YOU SAID IT WAS FINE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN "LAST WEEK"?!?!
Him: Well, I am pretty sure I asked her a while ago, and I think she said it was fine. She just hasn't written back. I'm sure it's fine.
Me: Ugh.
Him: What?
Me: Usually, if you ask someone if you can bring another person, and you DON'T hear back from them, it means it's NOT fine.
Him: Really?
Me: This is stressing me out. Maybe I just won't go to the race.
Him: You sound like [friend], he's all "I'm not racing any more this year, I'm tired, waa waa waa!"
Me: Yeah well at least he doesn't have Mr. Queen-of-NON-LOGISTICS telling him "Oh yeah I guess you can stay with me I dunno I forget"!!
Him:...
Me: God.



As of now, everything is indeed going to be fine, but I am sure the total phone call tally on this topic will double by next weekend. So will the total "ugh" count.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this strangely reminds me a lot of an email i received yesterday!!!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home