[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Limping Along

Monday, December 17, 2007

Limping Along

I write this from relatively tropical Reno - we did indeed see the beginnings of a big snowstorm at lake-level this morning so Greg and I hightailed it out of there. Flight is tomorrow morning, so I have tons of time to blog between now and then. No single huge story to report, just a few little ones:

1. My back is actually getting better. Advil, ice, rest, and a little vicodin to get me through the worst bits... So this means I am on track to start swimming again on Wednesday, which coincidentally is the day we arrive in Charlottesville. We will swim at the UVA pool. Greg's dad is a coach there. A swim coach. He's going to watch our strokes to make sure Greg is still as awesome as he was when he was 9 (at which time I am pretty sure he was faster than I am now), and also to make sure Greg has been teaching me the proper technique. I am incredibly nervous about this. Additionally this will be my first time meeting Greg's parents... GAH in a BIKINI no less!!!

2. I am in the process of "ipod music recovery", I downloaded this free program to extract all 4,200 songs on my iPod which I lost in laptop-form when my hard drive died. The problem is that my stupid iPod is literally running out of batteries in 20 minutes even when "fully charged" so I'll be shocked if this project actually reaches completion. We're at 60 songs per charge at the moment.

3. I wasn't sure whether I would blog about this, yesterday I was freaking out Huntress style (love you lisa!), but today things have calmed down and the incident is sort of amusing. We had to bathe Charlie again yesterday. Greg got the bath ready. I brought kitty out. When we put him in he started totally flipping out, unlike anything I've ever seen him do. We're holding him in there, Greg's sponging him with the mix, but kitty is still panicking. I stick my hand in the bath mix and it is SCALDING. Like majorly scalding. So then I started flipping out worse than kitty, I ran in and got the Brita pitcher out of the fridge and poured in cold water, and we finished the bath, with me being like "are you KIDDING me? would YOU take a bath in that?! were you trying to make KITTY SOUP?!?!?!?!" Greg said he just wasn't thinking, or something. Sheesh. But kitty is more than fine, and so's Greg, and so am I basically, but really I was so traumatized and racked with guilt over the 45 seconds kitty had to spend writhing around in a stewpot practically. Next time, guess who is in charge...

OK kids you are in luck, time to abandon blogger for the trusty old iPod. I hope I am not jinxing myself with the smack-talk.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG....the poor kitty!! I was almost crying when I read this!! Good thing all is okay.

BTW, who is taking care of the kitty while you're away????

Huntress

6:20 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

thankfully, meghan who lives downstairs likes cats AND fish.

yeah i was crying. god. but then kitty and i hung out for like 6 hours yesterday afternoon/evening and it's o.k. then we both glared at greg when he got home.

god.

TRAUMA.

good thing greg is cute and otherwise somewhat perfect.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home