[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Growing Up?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Growing Up?

Yesterday I filled out this initial-contact-form online for my university's career services office. All I have been doing for the past 7 years is just following what life hands me. Not too much of a plan. So I figured that if I take a bunch of Myers-Briggs-type things, it will become imminently obvious that I should be a yak vet in Mongolia and I can get going on the pursuit of my life's calling.

I've already encountered one obstacle: the return email I got suggested career service in the form of a $30 phone consultation. Not as glamorous nor as fun as "what kind of person are you" multiple choice.

Second obstacle could be any one of a number of things: I feel old, I have this "athlete" thing hanging around my neck in potentially albatrossic form, my cash supply is significantly smaller than the lake I live on (in relative terms, think 5-gallon fish tank), and I have a general overwhelming feeling of inertia. Also my neck hurts.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

it must be wednesday,

3:46 PM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

be a rock star!

4:56 PM  
Blogger beth bikes! said...

so what are you? i am an ENFP, also known as a CHAMPION IDEALIST. that is the best of the myers-briggs letters, clearly.

here is the free test; only a handful of questions, but good enough.

because i am an intuitive "n", i am going to guess that you are an ISFP. (and that is just my observation from you blog writings)

1:11 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

well, when i took it in high school (which as i have mentioned was a boring all-girls boarding school where i basically hung out with horses, paula, and myself) i was an INTJ, i just took a free one and got ENTJ, but only moderately E.

and HA i am STRONGLY N it says.

omg i am the opposite of what you intuited. SORRY! i will go take it again!

although in your defense, my blog writings feel stilted and not entirely me - i have gotten in trouble enough times by writing what i really feel that i have dumbed it down. i really want to write about how i got accosted by a local pyramid-scheme guy in the gym... but i know it will bite me in the ass.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

ha, I was an INTP when we took it at GFS. And I am still and INTP. I'm not sure what that means for my future career path. I'll probably float around for a while still. But, I think that is okay! err that is what I tell myself.

unrelated: I'm looking for an easy (as in no super steep climbs) century. It'll be my first. Do you have any ideas?

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home