[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Ups and Downs

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ups and Downs

I guess it was about time to have a "down" sort of day, since everything's been going so well lately. I am going to cheer myself in a public sort of forum with a few random quotes I have been saving up...

Bike Racers on Triathlon Logistics:
"So after you finish the swim part, do you like really quick change into your skinsuit and then jump on your TT bike or what?"
How Annoying Words Like "Booyah!" Come Into Existence
"Instead of 'ginormous' I am going to start saying 'egantic'. So it's enormous plus gigantic, instead of gigantic plus enormous. Whaddaya think??"

"Hm. What's wrong with just saying 'big'?"

Not Everything Soft is a Kitty
"I am snuggling something suspicious. Can you tell me what it is?"

"Yeah, it's your sweatpants."

On Mollycoddling in Modern Childrearing
"I can't believe they don't even keep score in games anymore to avoid hurt feelings. With my kid, they'd better keep score in the softball game!"

"You say that now, but if you had the retarded kid with a left foot sticking out to here you'd be the one insisting that your kid play and that no feelings get hurt."



Allrighty, time to move on, oh and btw none of these were spoken by my mom, Sal. She usually gets an entire blog post to herself...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A little boy walks up to my 4-year old daughter at the playground and trying to impress her he says 'I'm four' and she responds with 'I'm fast' and walks away. She actually is fast but often gets ready to run around the block with me wearing cowboy boots on the wrong feet or sandals. She also knows 'if you're not first, you're last'. She'll be on VAC as soon as she stops at every flower.

If you don't keep score then how to do teach your kid that they crushed the other team?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

hope you find an up soon.

hey! didn't your mom want me as a facebook friend? did she think I was stalking her? or maybe she just never went back there?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

haha she said she was very flattered that you would want to be her friend but she is never ever again going to facebook because she is afraid of it and it's mysterious powers of signing her up for something she didn't sign up for, or something.

ALTHOUGH, i am mystified as to how she went through all the sign-up processes, including DOB and finding friends through her email address book, without somehow suspecting that she was actually signing up for something...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Yeah--gotta wonder where the good old competative spirit went. Why are people killed in road-rage (or worse--kids hockey-game rage!), but we aren't allowed to teach kids how to win, and loose, gracefully? There must be a link. . .

11:02 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

btw, I like hearing about your mom probably because I miss mine. I think it's cool how the internet has changed our relationships.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Tuffy said...

Best blog on the 'net, bar none.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

Love the bike racers on triathlon logistics... I get stuff like that a lot. My favorite is dealing with bathroom/port-o-pottie issues. Good times. How the heck should I know? I do things by the seat of my pants anyways! :)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home