[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Tough Nails

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tough Nails

I'm still feeling a bit tired from all of last week's heroics - today's training consisted of like 20 minutes on the trainer. And that's it. I did realize about a half hour ago though that I was probably feeling tired because I was actually dehydrated, having had about 16 ounces of water total all day long.

And no, boys, I am not jumping on the base water bandwagon. Nuun serves me just fine. I just have to remember to drink it.

Separate topic, yesterday I met this guy at the gym, we have a mutual friend who does Xterras and this guy races them too and so mutual friend introduced us. He said he's doing the duathlon this weekend in Folsom, on Saturday. I said I was doing the triathlon, on Sunday. He was like oh how terrible I never do that race because that water is always freezing and there are logs floating around in it, but you know, have fun and good luck.

I thought the Xterra folks were supposed to be tough as nails? What a wuss. And not very nice. You are supposed to be nice to people you just meet, especially if they are not your same gender.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

can i be mean to people that are my same gender though?

9:58 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Well-hate to admit it--but I can be mean to both genders--but only because I might be in a bad mood or very stressful situation. Like the time a nice lady was trying to chat with be in the post-office line, but the toddler was choking on a hard candy I gave her to keep her from fussing in the long line. Nice lady kept chatting. Toddler was gagging and turning blue. I was not nice.
But besides that people who are mean to a new person have issues and you should steer clear, shake your head gently and mumble "he must suffer. . ."

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the 'base water bandwagon' thing. :) I hadn't heard about it until Ben wrote about it yesterday. It was funny because as you wrote about your dehydration, all I could think was "I bet one of those boys are going to chime in about how you should be using base water." Then you wrote what you wrote. :)

Mean people suck.

Especially mean sports people. Boo.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

1) you should at least TRY base water. It's better and I can get it for you cheap.
2) I'm now doing Ice Breaker. That's right, you'll actually meet the Lorpeedo. Look for the ZteaM kit, the overly geeked out bike and the 3 blond ladies following me around.
3) You should always be nice, no matter what. The world needs love, more smiling and Base Water (and Base Amino while you're at it).

11:13 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

ok kelly, thing 1, you are evidently missing the party this weekend! thing 2, mean to same gender (aka bitchiness) is more justified if you ask me. not always the world's best idea, but warranted. (cuteness, competing for boys, competing in races, etc)

and yeah, based on new dude's outfit and scowl, i bet he does suffer ;) i will be nice whenever i see him.

loren, see you sunday! woohoo! i am bringing several swim caps, a couple shoe options, my aero helmet, my srm, less fancy wheels than yours, a camera, and NO CHEERING SECTION (greg can be dumb sometimes) so can i please borrow yours? k thanks! i am glad you will be there. looking forward to meeting your hot blondes too, assuming they aren't umbrella girls anyway.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

p.s. if you bring chris lieto to the race and if he explains his clumps to me i will try base water.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

Michael Jackson's billie jean or the Chris Cornell version. I'm not bring a disc wheel BTW but I will have my wickedly cool TT helmet and base water. What's an umbrella girl? Sada has a hello kitty one we hide from her because she'll walk around with it open all day.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough is Racing with a teammate whose sleeping with your ex-fiancee! Or not slapfighting or talking about "seconds"!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

WELL, perhaps coincidentally, last weekend I raced with my teammate who is sleeping with my ex-fiancee. Joyous and fun. Unsure about this slapfighting seconds stuff though...

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

oooooooh, DRAMA!!! Wow...that is tough. And joyous and fun. :-/ And awkward?

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor guy. Not that it was a classy move, nosing in like that. But I hope he gets out before he's crushed beyond all repair.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home