[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Attack of the Singing Lifeguard

Friday, May 30, 2008

Attack of the Singing Lifeguard

I really do wish I had a few photos to go with this post. Ah well.

Anyhow this morning I swam at the indoor pool (the outdoor pool opens at 9:30 a.m. this week, and I start work at 10 a.m., so I can't start swimming in paradise until June 1 when it starts opening at 6:30). I walked out of the locker room and onto the pool deck and there is one other swimmer and one lifeguard and the mysterious sound of Celine Dion (or maybe Whitney Houston, I get their stuff confused) a cappella really loud.

It was the guard.

For her entire 30 minutes on duty, she paced around the pool singing the best of 1990's Soft Rock. Apparently earlier in the morning, a few patrons asked her to stop. And apparently, it didn't work.

Also, the *creepiest* thing is that she is up there singing and smiling down at the swimmers while she's belting out "I will Always Love You" or whatever. Yikes. She must be on meds.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

sweeet. whitney houston.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You know what I find really annoying? Women that sing in the locker room. WHY? WHY WHY??? They won't shut up and they think EVERYBODY wants to hear them. Excuse me, you're invading my private space right now by making me listen to the sound of your voice that is slightly off key. Please go back to singing in your head. Please.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

I was in the men's room about 2 weeks ago and the guy next to me was singing as he, well, peed. I could not while this guy, standing only inches away was belting it out. I'm nervous like that. I'm sure he's dating your lifeguard.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Gilby said...

Is melodic urination en vogue?! Today a woman sang through the entirety of her bizniz in the restroom. Clearly high as a kite, she flung open the stall door, realized she hadn't finished pulling up her pants, remedied that, then walked out the door... missing the crucial handwashing step and, of course, singing the entire time.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is almost worse is the 80's metal rock this one guard insisted on playing very loudly once... I wanted to shoot him or through a kick board at him through my entire set.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not a real swimmer unless you sing in the locker room. You get a nice echo. Everybody knows this. No I am not feeling defensive.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Katie's right. The tile makes for one sweet acoustic.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hey Cortenay...check out my blog it has changed a bit...

I hope you are doing well!

-Sam

http://ultrasjw40.blogspot.com/

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home