[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Conversation with Mom #7

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Conversation with Mom #7

So this big ice storm hit the East Coast a few days ago. My mom lives in Maryland, on a property with about 14 acres, 8 cats, 6 horses, 2 dogs, and a bunch of big old trees. Since I am such a nice dutiful daughter, I called to check on her. And to see if she had any funny things to say, it's been a little while since Conversation with Mom #6.

Me: Hey Ma. What's up?

Sal: HI SWEETIE! There was an ICE storm! Half of Anne Arundel County has no power!

Me: I heard. That sucks. The weather is beautiful here, by the way. So what are you doing?

Sal: Getting ready to go check on the horses again but my cell phone keeps ringing so I haven't gone out there yet.

Me: Well if it's your cell phone why don't you take it with you?

Sal: Oh... I guess I could do that.

Me: -sigh- But the horses are doing O.K.?

Sal: Well, the ice weighs down the tree branches so a lot of the branches are breaking off and crashing to the ground and it scares the horses so they run around but the two with horseshoes have ice stuck in their feet because of the shoes so they can't really run so I am going to go pick the ice out and then I am going to try to pick up branches. It's going to take me WEEKS to clean up this place!!

Me: At least you'll have something to keep you busy?

Sal: (laughs) That's very true!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home