[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: SORRY!! Sorry sorry sorry.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SORRY!! Sorry sorry sorry.

Please accept my HUGEST apologies for being so incomunicado over the last two days... Lack of blog updates has hurt me more than you, trust me. I feel so removed.

My laptop is still out on loan so I am borrowing my host sister's computer.

So, no photos till later today when I can download them onto my own computer.

Anyway, enough with the logistical excuses. On to recent occurances...

1. I love Redlands! The race starts tomorrow and ends Sunday, so we'll see how long I feel this way, but it's a really nice town, the mountain views are beautiful, and the people are great.

1.a. Sharon loves it here too. Massage last night, hair-do appointment right now - she's here for vacation for sure.

2. Our clothing finally came! It looks great, props to Martina and Taitt for their design work. Shall post photos later.

2.a. So I am still not really used to the look of the new kits yet. This morning 4 of us set out to ride together, but everyone except me was doing 2 hours. So I split off and headed down to the Starbucks in town to get a coffee and call everyone in the world that I know because my cell phone gets reception in town but not up here at the house and I've been going stir-crazy with no new influxes of gossip. Afterwards, I headed home, and when I was nearly here I looked up the hill and saw some girls in blue kits with red. "Sh!t!", I thought, "some other team has a kit that looks like ours! Gah!" Um, yeah. Some Other Team was actually my team...

3. I am hearing a suspicious noise emanating from my hip whenever I walk. This weird popping noise. I've had it before but not with such alarming, disconcerting frequency. AND my knee has started feeling suspicious as well. The real bummer about all this is that Coach says to put on my old pedals and shoes for the weekend, since it sounds like I haven't quite got the new stuff set up right, which means I can't wear my super cute new Nalini shoes!! I tried telling him that it's more important to look good than to feel good but he wasn't buying it.

4. Speaking of super cute, during my coffee-shop-phone-session, I talked to new-best-friend Emily Z. who is apparently coming down to visit and spectate this weekend! How exciting!

5. What's with my mom and the library?? I called her at Starbucks this morning too:

Me: I'm bored! My phone doesn't work at the house, I loaned my computer to someone and he still has it so I can't photo-blog or watch DVD's, AND I finished my book and my magazine!

Sal: Well, sweetie, sounds like you need to go to the library!

Me: Why did I know you were going to say that...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home