[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: A Couple of Uplifting Conversations

Monday, January 21, 2008

A Couple of Uplifting Conversations

Last week was a rough week for some reason. Boo-hoo all the time about everything. I was worse than Ricky from the current Project Runway who cries every episode. When crying, I rotate between three numbers on my cell phone: my mom, my best girl friend, and my best guy friend.

Frequency of check-up calls from them is directly proportional to frequency of my blubbering voicemails.

One of the three is really good at check up calls:

My phone rings...
Me: Hello?
Him: Hey guys, wussup? Definitely...
Me: Um, hello?
Him: Oh, hey sorry! I just got to training camp.
Me: O.K.
Him: Dude that's so sick!
Me: Um, do you need to go or something?
Him: Yeah kinda.

The next day, my phone rings again...
Me: Hello?
Him: [commotion in background] Hey! How are you doing?
Me: O.K. What's all that commotion?
Him: We are getting ready to watch Hell on Wheels!
Me: That's cool. I watched that the other day, I love that movie, *sigh* Jan looks so GOOD in celeste *sigh*, but that Beloki crash never gets easy to watch does it?
Him: .... huh? What? Say that again?
Me: Nevermind it was nothing.
Him: Hey this is kind of interfering with the movie, talking on the phone I mean.
Me: You called me!


Good thing he's my best boy-space-friend or else I might be really annoyed and then start to cry.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

I had a million conversatins like this when John adn I were 3500 miles apart for 3 months. I can't remember doing it to him (tho' I'm sure I did)--but I acutely remember the times I felt lonely and left out of all the fun! We made a deal that we would try only to call when we could give the phone undevided attention. The training looks fun! Love,

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home