[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Third and Inches

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Third and Inches

I am grateful that my new snow boots came in the mail on Friday. (A) I think they are totally cute and cozy and (B) over the next ten days, the only day without a snow icon in the forecast is this coming Saturday.

Thus I am also grateful that, despite my previous pansy statements, I rode outside yesterday! It might be a little while before I can do that again.

Third grateful item is yesterday's Walmart/Target trip. A trip to Carson was not in the weekend plan considering we went twice last week, but yesterday morning our TV up and died. Which was fine with me - Greg got it 3 weeks ago on Craigslist for $65 (about $50 too much if you ask me), it was big and heavy and the remote didn't work and it was some brand I'd never heard of and it looked old and sure enough, it turned out to be a piece of crap after all. Since today is NFL Conference Championship day (hence the post title), no TV was no option. Originally we were trying to stay frugal and get another old-fashioned TV but due to size constraints we got a 20" flat screen instead. It's way easier to move around for use during trainer workouts, it doesn't dominate the whole room, and side bonus: the remote works AND came with batteries!

I think this TV will be a key over the next 10+ days, I am feeling the need to get my weekly hour totals on the bike out of the single digits, which will entail 4 two-hour trainer rides (?!). Training camp is the second/third week of February and I'd rather not, I dunno, suck? And PS why didn't I ask for cross-country ski equipment for Christmas? I couldn't have truly expected to ride outside all winter, nor could I have expected to magically grow some insane tolerance for the trainer. Anyhow, cross your fingers for me that I pull an Eli Manning and suddenly get my shit together.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

FOUR two-hour rides on THE TRAINER??? I bow down to you.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

there is currently a huge difference between what is required and what i am mentally capable of doing... major bleh!
but armed with the new tv and the new ipod i might surprise myself. i will let you know.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oooh you got the iPod instead of the craft hoodie? good choice.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

get yourself to the tahoe cross-country center. rentals and lessons are cheap. You can do the touring x-c thing and get a great workout and time will pass like its standing still. You gotta try it.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home